I know theres a thread already about the barred ring vs ring + piinky. But I wanna know if anyone else uses sets their fingers: Index, pinky, ring. rather than: Index, ring, pinky. Just curious if I'm alone on this one
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I do that. You mean an F power chord with the index on the E, Pinky on the A and ring on the D string?

I do that. I also hold the pick with my index and middle finger, like van halen.
I do it like that because I didn't have a teacher, so when I read tabs, I just assumed I was supposed to do power chords like that. I try to do em index + ring, but its really uncomfortable. My pinkie doesn't even have near enough strength to barre strings at all.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
I've always done my index and ring finger. Its a lot more comfortable and easier to me.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I started to do it after I started learning songs with chords like the following:
G|-6-
D|-7-
A|-4-
E|----
It just makes the quick transition a lot easier
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

yeah i would suggest stopping this bad habbit
the sooner the better
the longer you have the habbit the harder it is to break

better to go through the pain of strengthening your pinky
through scales and what not now because
it will improve your playing all round
I use my index and pinky finger for powerchords. Some times I'll switch if I have to, but if it's just your standard run of the mill powerchord progression or whatnot, then meh, this way is easiest for me.