I need a program that i can either play guitar or not and get a heavy guitar distortion out of. I m not talking about something like guitar pro. I'm trying to work with Cubase and get plug ins to work on it but that has been proven unsuccessful so im trying to look for a program that like a DIY death metal band would use to just program some guitar parts in their songs
RIFFS AND RECORDINGS.

You've been here nearly two years and you don't know what section to put a thread in? You're the second one in about 5 minutes.
just as a sort of side note, are there any 'alternative' ways of getting the gearbox plugin

<.<
>.>

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by freedoms_stain
Line 6 gearbox plugin?

You'll need to pay for it though.

thanks man....Im sure i can find alternate ways to get it though
Quote by Tom_hatton
RIFFS AND RECORDINGS.

You've been here nearly two years and you don't know what section to put a thread in? You're the second one in about 5 minutes.

I've been here for 2 years but ive only used the threads maybe 5 times
Quote by Dummo
thanks man....Im sure i can find alternate ways to get it though
I have looked, never found it.

Quite annoying cus I have a toneport and stand-alone gearbox, which you can use, but you have to apply the affects pre-recording rather than post which you can do with the plug-in which costs extra.
Quote by Dummo
I've been here for 2 years but ive only used the threads maybe 5 times

Either way, go there now. We don't need stuff like this cluttering up the front page.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Quite annoying cus I have a toneport and stand-alone gearbox, which you can use, but you have to apply the affects pre-recording rather than post which you can do with the plug-in which costs extra.

aww dude that sucks, is toneport good though?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I'm in the same posish except with a podxt live

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Dummo
aww dude that sucks, is toneport good though?
Pretty decent, although for playing you need to either use headphones or directly connect it to speakers, it removes the latency issue, but is a slight pain in the arse.

Good tone overall.