16th song.

I had originally started writing this for the Post-Hardcore Competition, and although it derailed from that style pretty quickly I feel that it still retains a small amount of the influence I had started with (verse and prechorus, specifically). It's not really metal, but it's not exactly rock either, and coupled with the afore mentioned PH influence and a dose of dark folk, I really have no idea what the hell this is.

Regardless, enjoy. Crit for crit as always.

Attachments:
Tired Soil, Barren Fields.zip
whats your msn want to join prog metal group for competetion

and this is amazing
its more epic
I swear I've heard that title before

It's pretty damn good. The constant leads are a good representative of your usual style without completely selling out to the post-ness. The verse was a cool progression, and the pre-chorus/breakdown was pretty cool as well, even if I disliked the start-stop riff. The chorus was actually a bit rushed for my tastes, and the chorus was just a rehash of the other riffs .

I, however, aboslutely loved the solo even if it was short.

8/10. Not as good as your other schtuff, but still cool.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Thanks for the crits man.

I really like the intro, simple but very effective. Sounds heavy and powerful. I liked the verse too. The breakdown/pre-chorus and chorus was nice and melodic. The acoustic part is a nice touch, and fits in well with the song's general mood. My favourite part is the solo. It's definetly not a generic song, which is great. What sort of vocals would you have over this? Nice work! 8/10.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by freebird!
nice...really nice...sounds like a mix of rise against and dragonforce

that sounds nothing like dragonforce.
it sounds the exact opposite.
=very good.

Great job Broadsword, sounds really cool, very epic moments. That 5/4 riff was very nice. The solo also captured a really great spirit with it and I liked the acoustic interludes a lot. You've got a great sense of build-up with epicness cause that giant acoustic w/intro riff outro was very well timed. I hope you've been working on that one for a while and don't just crank those out everyday otherwise we're gonna have to start bowing down when this guy starts releasing records. Good job!

EDIT: also please C4C on my WIP (just messing around today on Guitar pro and pulled that out... its ok, needs some work... very different from your stuff so just a warning)
link

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Oct 26, 2008,
^ Haha, thanks. Well, actually.... I wrote it in one day and then spent half a week or so doing touch ups.

Quote by bbenman
whats your msn want to join prog metal group for competetion

and this is amazing
its more epic

No thanks.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I swear I've heard that title before

It's pretty damn good. The constant leads are a good representative of your usual style without completely selling out to the post-ness. The verse was a cool progression, and the pre-chorus/breakdown was pretty cool as well, even if I disliked the start-stop riff. The chorus was actually a bit rushed for my tastes, and the chorus was just a rehash of the other riffs .

I, however, aboslutely loved the solo even if it was short.

8/10. Not as good as your other schtuff, but still cool.

Dunno about the title, I came up with it in about five seconds lol.

Quote by Friendly Stoat
Thanks for the crits man.

I really like the intro, simple but very effective. Sounds heavy and powerful. I liked the verse too. The breakdown/pre-chorus and chorus was nice and melodic. The acoustic part is a nice touch, and fits in well with the song's general mood. My favourite part is the solo. It's definetly not a generic song, which is great. What sort of vocals would you have over this? Nice work! 8/10.

Probably harsh vocals of some sort. Most likely mid-range growling or so.

Thanks for the crits, all!