So I'm looking for some good strings for bluegrass. Currently I use Ernie Ball Earthwoods Light. I mainly use those because they're cheap, solid strings with a good sound for an acoustic.

I just really want to know if there are any strings that are specifically good for picking on an acoustic which is hard enough already. I like light guages too.

I used to use Elixirs but got kinda tired of buying them. They last and all but they're expensive and just eh to me.

Alright well let me know guys.
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
Martin SP strings.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by TheZim
I used to use Elixirs but got kinda tired of buying them. They last and all but they're expensive.

You wouldn't have to replace them as often so the price pays for itself.
Yeah I know that but I make strings last pretty long and I'm not super partial to them so if I can make the earthwoods last for a couple months at like $5 something a pack then I'm good.
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2
I really really like Earthwoods. I use them on all three of my acoustic guitars. I have a bluegrass/folk acoustic, a cut away, and another nice acoustic. I've tried Martins and Elixers, but love the tone of Earthwoods.
D'Addario Phosphor Bronze 13-56. It's what I use anyways. If you're playing bluegrass, go ahead and suck it up and put on some mediums. Your bandmates will thank you and you'll actually be able to hear yourself for about the 3 weeks that they last. And yes, regardless of the strings you use, you're going to have to restring your guitar AT LEAST once a month.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
D'Addario Phosphor Bronze 13-56. It's what I use anyways. If you're playing bluegrass, go ahead and suck it up and put on some mediums. Your bandmates will thank you and you'll actually be able to hear yourself for about the 3 weeks that they last. And yes, regardless of the strings you use, you're going to have to restring your guitar AT LEAST once a month.

Whaaaaaaat? Are you nuts? Who can afford that!
There's no compromise for good sound
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Part of the reason I use the Earthwoods is because I like the sound they get after they get worn in a little. It loses the "twangy-ness" of the new strings and gets a real good folk sound...I use lights on the acoustic right now and GHS 10's on my electric...there's no way im jumping up to 13's...I'm a pretty big believer that a lot of the string size has to do with the size of your hands and just all around personal preference although IM SURE there are SOME exceptions
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2