I'm looking for more mellow music like John Butler Trio, Jack Johnson, Matt Costa's acoustic stuff, John Mayer off of Continuum, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Oct 26, 2008,
There's a group of acoustic performing musicians under a Canadian label called Candyrat. Artists such as Antoine DuFour and Andy McKee are my favorites, but all of them are highly skilled acoustic songwriters. Check out their myspaces and youtube videos to see what I'm talking about.

Oh, and if you are into mellow acoustic music, why not listen to James Taylor?
LOL
You could check out Ben Harper.
Disptach has some laided back and mellow music on there albums Bang Bang and Silent Steeples.
Jakob Dylan's album Seeing Things is a good album too.
Donavon Frankenreiter.

He does what Jack Johnson does but better.

Nick Drake is fairly chilled but its quite dated bluesey music really.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by fudger

Disptach has some laided back and mellow music on there albums Bang Bang and Silent Steeples.

Ahh Dispatch. I never have gotten any of their stuff I forgot about them.

You could try Hot Buttered Rum or Nickel Creek. They're acoustic bands (not really bluegrass) that has some real laid back cool sounding stuff. Also maybe The South Austin Jug Band, (they aren't a jug band ) 'cuz they consider most of the bands you mentioned as influences.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Ahh Dispatch. I never have gotten any of their stuff I forgot about them.

You could try Hot Buttered Rum or Nickel Creek. They're acoustic bands (not really bluegrass) that has some real laid back cool sounding stuff. Also maybe The South Austin Jug Band, (they aren't a jug band ) 'cuz they consider most of the bands you mentioned as influences.

yay im seeing them next friday i can't wait!!!

but dispatch has some nice acoustic stuff that pretty solid.
American Recordings Johnny Cash it's ****ing amazing you can't go wrong.
Hank III Straight to Hell Disc 2 if you're actually into country.