So I'm a couple hours away from buying a 600 dollar used amp off of ebay, and I noticed that there is no return policy on the item, and all it says is that it is in good condition.
It also says that there is a paypal buyer protection which makes me more confident but I'm kind of iffy because there is no pictures of the actual amp on the page, and the description is taken straight from the amp's website.
I messaged the seller, and he said that he was busy with jury duty something or other and he'd send me pictures this weekend, it's sunday now, and the auction does end tonight.
I'm not really sure what to think/do?
I don't really want to get ripped off (no shit eh), and I have no problem buying used, it's just that on ebay i can't try it out before, and if it was off of like, classifieds let's say, I would pick it up, take it to my guitar tech and see what he thinks, and then take it back if i wasn't satisfied.
That's not really an option here, and shipping is going to cost > $100 so that's a lot of money on top of the amp.
any advice : (

EDIT: I also can't find the amp locally for a reasonable price. It's 550 on ebay, and people sell them here in Canada for ~1250.
Even after the 100$ extra its about half the cost.
Last edited by tona_107 at Oct 26, 2008,
If it were me I wouldn't buy it without pictures, what amp is it by the way?
wait u alrdy bid on a used amp when u havent even seen pics of it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by mcrfobtai
Email him again. If no pics come, forget it and keep looking. What amps is it anyway?

Well I didn't want to say cause I didn't want someone to steal it from me as I'm having trouble finding one.
BUT, I'll trust you guys, as not too many people are in the market for one.
It's a mesa f-30, I know kevin is selling his, maybe it's his haha.
Quote by mcrfobtai
I don't think Kevin is selling his, but maybe. Well, that's a great amp. Wait for pics

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where he said he wanted to downgrade and was asking for suggestions, but maybe he changed his mind.
Yeah I guess I'll wait for pics, but he could just get them off the net you know?

EDIT: Note teh thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984688
Quote by gstacey1
wait u alrdy bid on a used amp when u havent even seen pics of it

No, I did not bid on it.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Just about

lol thanks, did you check out that thread?

What can I do if the amp sucks (ebay noob).
The buyer protection seems more like for scams, getting your money stolen etc.
There is a clause for significantly not as described as it was in the sale, and since it was described as being in good working condition, could there be a discrepancy if i get it checked out and it's not, well, in good working order?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
What is the seller's feedback?

100%, 27 good feedback, member since 2000/
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, I had no idea. But the F-30 is a great amp.

Yeah I was a little surprised, kinda a twilight zone moment, kevin asking us for help, haha.
And ya I was pretty happy hearing about that amp cause it does seem very good. I've never even seen a mesa in canada though.
It doesn't say anything about shipping to canada, so what if i bid and then he won't ship to canada?
What kind of contract do you enter when you bid.
EDIT: I looked at the ebay thing and it says so if I win, I have to buy it, but I don't really want to bid until I see some pictures, and the auction ends in 4 hours.
If the auction ends, can I still buy it?
Or should I place a bid to be safe that I'll get it.
I am selling mine actually, but I don't know if I can beat that price. Got links to the auction?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I am selling mine actually, but I don't know if I can beat that price. Got links to the auction?

Haha yeah, check the thread we were talking about you.

Yeah I'll link I guess. 0 bids over the last week so if someone else bids I'll kill ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-F-30-tube-amp_W0QQitemZ130263615988QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130263615988&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

what price were you thinking?
I'm asking 650, but I'll probably end up letting it go at around 600. Judging from the amount of hits on that page some people are probably watching it and waiting to bid at the last moment.

If you're interested in mine just PM me your address and I can get an exact price to have it packed and shipped.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'm asking 650, but I'll probably end up letting it go at around 600. Judging from the amount of hits on that page some people are probably watching it and waiting to bid at the last moment.

If you're interested in mine just PM me your address and I can get an exact price to have it packed and shipped.

haha alright well thanks I appreciate the advice.
PM sent.
^You also have to consider that is says shipping to the US.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^You also have to consider that is says shipping to the US.

Yeah I know, let me know when you figure out the shipping, cause I'd feel more comfortable buying off you anyways (whom I trust for some reason) if we can agree on a price.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Kevins a good guy, you can trust him. But that ebay looks a bit suspicious. It looks taken right out of a website

Ya I know he is haha.
I was just tryin to say that regardless and in general I trust fellow UG'ers that I don't even know.
Just sent you a pm, sorry it took so long, my internet died for a while.