What is the correct way to pronounce Diezel? As in, the amp.

Dye-zell or Dee-zell?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
as in Diesel fuel.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Suav Nitebeest
Well, then it would be Dee-tsel.

exactly. germans would pronounce it "dee-tsel". i love it when people make sarcastic comments who turn out to be wrong.

back on topic: i have no idea how it's been anglicised, you can rest assured it's probably being incorrectly pronounced, anyway...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's probably meant to be 'Diesel' but I like saying 'Dee-ay-sel'
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
reminds me of the ENGL topic i made many months ago.

angle or angel?!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
reminds me of the ENGL topic i made many months ago.

angle or angel?!

...Neither...??

EN as in envy and GL and in glow = ENGL
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
it's either eng-l (soft g) or eng-l (hard g). german suggests a soft g, but on another forum, some german forumite said it should be a hard g because it's bavarian or something like that?

no idea to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kayman121
...Neither...??

EN as in envy and GL and in glow = ENGL

well it's definitely not that, no offence. the first bit rhymes with the "eng" bit in "strength". the only real conundrum is whether or not there's a hard g as well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
sorry, i kind of went off on one there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sorry, i kind of went off on one there.

No you didn't. It is ENG-L.
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's either eng-l (soft g) or eng-l (hard g). german suggests a soft g, but on another forum, some german forumite said it should be a hard g because it's bavarian or something like that?

no idea to be honest.
Like Engulf but without the f.
Diesel. Like the fuel of the devil.

But this stuff is good.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by MrCarrot
Like Engulf but without the f.

but wouldn't that mean you accentuate the "gul" bit? en-GULLLL
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ENGL- Engel, or in context for those that need help, "Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein" from the Rammstein song. Diezel is Diesel with a Z to make cool... Now the one I would think you would hear people asking for the time here is Bogner.
Diezel - Diesel
Engl - Eng-l
Bogner - Bog-ner

I don't see how it's hard, you guys just over think these things
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I pronounce Engl like angle

but I'm swedish
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
this is the second time i enetered this thread thinking it was say " Im getting a Diezel"
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i've heard lots of people pronounce it like the fuel, but on Matt Skiba's gear tour (which is actually on this site, speaking of which, ts; is this thread prompted by this recent vid?) he says "Deet-zel" which confused me.
^ i thought it was named after peter diezel, the designer, but i guess i was wrong...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^

please dave.. its like spreading around that vicious rumour that marshall amps were named after jim marshall.

when really it was after the sheriff on TV.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It is Deet-zul I'm afraid, as it would be pronounced in German. Though it does sound really pretentious saying it, kinda like people who assume a French accent when saying "rendez-vous" or whatever.
Diezel like Diesel

E N G L like 4 different letters, although it could be ENGL which is german for Angel I believe.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ i think they're called after edmund engl, the owner of the company...

Quote by Kivarenn82
^^

please dave.. its like spreading around that vicious rumour that marshall amps were named after jim marshall.

when really it was after the sheriff on TV.

Quote by Nolly
It is Deet-zul I'm afraid, as it would be pronounced in German. Though it does sound really pretentious saying it, kinda like people who assume a French accent when saying "rendez-vous" or whatever.

yeah, that's the problem. if you don't affect the accent though you could probably get away with it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CJRocker
ENGL- Engel, or in context for those that need help, "Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein" from the Rammstein song. Diezel is Diesel with a Z to make cool... Now the one I would think you would hear people asking for the time here is Bogner.
God knows I don't want to be an angel?

*brushing up on german* haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i thought it was named after peter diezel, the designer, but i guess i was wrong...

I got to meet Peter Diezel at NAMM last year. I think we took a pic with him. I'll post it later. When one of his guys introduced him to us, he had a pretty good accent,& it was in between deet-zul & dee-zul, like a very soft "T" sound thrown in there. When I spoke about the amps, I said "dee-zul", & they didn't try & correct me, though. Probably thinking " Ach, itz jüst tze schtüpitt Amerikäner schweinhündt. Let him pronounz it vottever."
Actually a great group of guys. Very friendly, & loved talking about amps, but there were lots of people who wanted to talk to Peter, so we only got a minute or so .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
^ yeah, i mean it's likely they've anglicised it if their target audience is english-speaking countries, you aren't going to sell more amps by telling people they're pronouncing your name incorrectly! nice german accent there too

just to point out, i've probably come across as a bit crotchety in this thread, i don't normally mind if people are wrong (heck i'm wrong myself plenty of the time), just i have little time for people who are wrong but who are arrogant with it...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol

schecter?
mesa?
engl?
gibson?... oh wait
charvel?
steve vai?
michael angleo "batio"?