ok i've been making quite a few basslines the past few months,but i dont have a band to play em with yet,i've been trying to get a band together its just taking forever,anyway my question is,is there any point in me creating original basslines if i havent even got a band to add stuff to it?
Yep, I'm from Kentucky all right! yee haw!

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
who says you need a band?

its always good to write original music, maybe you could put it all together yourself.

my advice would be to keep writing, at the worst you'd have a bunch of material when you finnaly do find people to play with.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
yea why not making basslines by yourself will help out with constructing basslines when you get into a band. you can never have to much practise on making basslines. i make up bass grooves when i play by myself all the time.
yea true ive definitely noticed that you do improve the more you write,the thing that sucks about playing bass is that.unlike guitarist who can just play and create stuff solo,us bassist's need a band to be able to really do anything with our work,i guess i'll keep making stuff though,i mean it cant really hurt anything

Quote by Zycho
Who says you need a band? A bass can do just as much exciting shit as a guitar can.
Quote by xxZERO320xx
yea true ive definitely noticed that you do improve the more you write,the thing that sucks about playing bass is that.unlike guitarist who can just play and create stuff solo,us bassist's need a band to be able to really do anything with our work,i guess i'll keep making stuff though,i mean it cant really hurt anything

You should try recording basslines, and then soloing over them. that way you work on your rhythm and melody.
Quote by Applehead
You should try recording basslines, and then soloing over them. that way you work on your rhythm and melody.

yeah that would be a great idea,but i havent got a clue how to record stuff or what i even need to record,and i sure as heck wouldnt know how to mix stuff if i added guitar in or something

Quote by Zycho
Quote by xxZERO320xx
yeah that would be a great idea,but i havent got a clue how to record stuff or what i even need to record,and i sure as heck wouldnt know how to mix stuff if i added guitar in or something

And what, may i ask, is stopping you from learning?
Quote by Applehead
And what, may i ask, is stopping you from learning?

nothing,its just really confusing thats all

Quote by Zycho
how about doing what im doing at the minute?

Im coming up with bassline's and then recording/ tabbing them on guitar pro, then coming up with simple rythm's for a guitar to go over the top, think chord's and/ or powerchord's, then recording that (or you can use guitar pro if you dont have a guitar, just export the sound, same for drum's etc). if you can, write a complete song, bass, guitar (rythm and lead perhaps) and drum's and then play what you can, and export wav file's of the part's you cant play, then put them together in audicity or reaper and then go from there, im sure people would get into your music alot more if you had a complete sound. im not saying your basslines are lacking etc. but it may catch more attention if you have some sweet little guitar riffs over a juicy bassline
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
yes. you will become more creative if you know what you're doing. you know what you're doing by doing it.

if you catch my drift...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
If you do solo over your bass lines, don't get stuck in one scale. I can only "solo" in the pentatonic scale(s).
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Daniel8488
how about doing what im doing at the minute?

Im coming up with bassline's and then recording/ tabbing them on guitar pro, then coming up with simple rythm's for a guitar to go over the top, think chord's and/ or powerchord's, then recording that (or you can use guitar pro if you dont have a guitar, just export the sound, same for drum's etc). if you can, write a complete song, bass, guitar (rythm and lead perhaps) and drum's and then play what you can, and export wav file's of the part's you cant play, then put them together in audicity or reaper and then go from there, im sure people would get into your music alot more if you had a complete sound. im not saying your basslines are lacking etc. but it may catch more attention if you have some sweet little guitar riffs over a juicy bassline

yeah well the way i do it is i usually create a good bassline,then i make the rhythm for it by playing the power chords to the root notes of the bassline,and then i write some lyrics.right now im writing a song called nightshade

Quote by Zycho
Quote by xxZERO320xx

No, creating original music is never worth anything without a band.
Sell your bass and get a desk job.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Zycho

kudos for knowing how awesome bass is,now this is getting sigged

Quote by Zycho