Does anyone know an easier way to make mp3s louder? (I know how to turn up the volume!) But some albums are way quieter then others and i have to have them on max voulme (25) but most others are about the same volume on 15. Can anyone help?
Google MP3Gain

Put everything from your music folder in there and set it all at 95dB

I did that now everything is level.. Much easier
if you have itunes, highlight everything, go into options and set the volume lever at normal.
sorted.
Quote by Untitled001
Google MP3Gain

do this

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Untitled001
Google MP3Gain

+1
MP3Gain, or if you're just playing through iTunes there's a volume equalizer.
I wouldn't wanna do that. Cause you could probably risk losing sound quality.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I wouldn't wanna do that. Cause you could probably risk losing sound quality.

this.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
The volume level of an MP3 is controlled by a number in the mp3 tag - - so you can adjust it higher or lower without affecting the actual mp3 music data. The file does not need to be re-encoded or anything like that. There is no effect at all on sound quality since the audio portion of the mp3 is never touched. All changes made by Mp3Gain can be undone with no change whatsoever to the audio part of the mp3. And you can do large amounts of files all at once - though it does take a while if you have thousands.

What Mp3Gain does is calculate the average volume of each mp3 file and adjusts it's level accordingly so all of your mp3's will have the same perceived volume level. This doesn't mean each file will peak at the same level - it just means the average of the peaks will be about the same. This creates the illusion the the files are all the same level. Your mind just perceives them as being near the same volume. So a lot of new music that is highly compressed and loud will be lowered and older stuff that is more dynamic will be raised or kept the same. Then when listening your brain will think they're all about the same volume level.
Last edited by GoDrex at Oct 27, 2008,