ok so what are some good games to play with a deck of cards. I'm at a technical school, and theres a fair amount of time between classes, so my friend and I usually play crazy 8's. What are good card games to kill some time? They don't just have to be 2 player, they can be multi player and we don't have chips or anything.
Quote by darksauce
EmeraldXecution, you are awesome.

Balls to the Walls
You cant beat a good game of Texas Hold 'em
Sig space available, give me some praise
Old Maid.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
pokemanz

or texas hold 'ems always fun
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Blackjack is always fun.

I played with a few friends during a lockdown/code red drill at school. The teacher loved it when I made my buddy throw his hand at me and scream "Bullshit! You're fucking cheating!" after he proposed to have the first one to bust take off their pants.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Texas Hold'em
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by angusfan16
go fish

+1 and BS is pretty fun to,
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Poker, my friend, poker. But make sure everyone brigns $5 (or 5 pounds or watever) for the pot. It's more fun with $$$$!
Ok so these are all good, but half of them I don't know how to play. If you could all be so kind as to teach me the rules to some of these games, I would be obliged to love you forever.

and did the guy actually take his pants off because he busted?
Quote by darksauce

Balls to the Walls
euchre if you got enough people. strip poker if ur with some hotties.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by Chris_Parker
Blackjack is always fun.

I played with a few friends during a lockdown/code red drill at school. The teacher loved it when I made my buddy throw his hand at me and scream "Bullshit! You're fucking cheating!" after he proposed to have the first one to bust take off their pants.

What kind of school do you go to?
Durak - can't be arsed to explain it to you, google it or something. I plays it with ma engineer buddies. The most awesome thing about it is that cheating is kinda an integral part of the game experience.
Quote by Thepoison92
What kind of school do you go to?

My whole district does it, and it's not even a "tough" area.

EDIT:

BS is one the greatest games ever created. In no other game will you get as abundant lulz as this, when you can say "47 aces" laying down your entire hand only to have the next person say "Two kings--FUCK!"
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Oct 26, 2008,
Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic whatchamacallit.
all in that order.

or failing that, jack change-it.
you wanna know the rulesof any of these games...
google is your friend
Quote by Chris_Parker
My whole district does it, and it's not even a "tough" area.

EDIT:

BS is one the greatest games ever created. In no other game will you get as abundant lulz as this, when you can say "47 aces" laying down your entire hand only to have the next person say "Two kings--FUCK!"

What is, 'Code Red' by the way?
Speed! 2 player game.
Erm. its kinda hard to explain. Sit facing each other.
Divide pile in half. Have half each. Lay out cards infront of you solitaire style piles, but only have 5 piles, (so it goes 1,2,3,4,5). Place remainder of pile to the right of the table, but forward of your piles.
At the same time, turn over the first card. You may put cards that are one higher, or one lower down. You may lay down on your opponents pile or your own.
In the piles that are laid out, you may group together cards of the same value, when a pile is empty, you may move a card of your choice to that space in order for you to turn over more cards. The last 3 cards you have you may pick up.

If neither of you can go, both turn over another card from the pile on your right. process starts again.

The aim is to get rid of all the cards in your 'hand' when you do this, slap the smallest pile, this then becomes yours and you both shuffle your share of the cards and start again.
Keep playing til one player slaps the empty pile (you will get to a point where only one person will be turning over the new card to play)
If you slap the smallest card before the other person does after they put down their last card, the pile is yours
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I used to see girls play that speed game all the time in junior high

I was actually thinking of learning gin rummy. I'll have to google it though because everyone here is too lazy to actually write out the rules. What I want to know though is, what other games can you play with say 4 people?
Quote by darksauce

Balls to the Walls
Quote by EmeraldXecution
I used to see girls play that speed game all the time in junior high

I was actually thinking of learning gin rummy. I'll have to google it though because everyone here is too lazy to actually write out the rules. What I want to know though is, what other games can you play with say 4 people?

Thats the one where you have to get 3 of one and 4 of the other right?

Speed is awesome, its a fun way to pass a few hours of free time, when waiting for your next lesson. Everyone at college plays cards. although the guys in my lot play Worms all the time now.
Quote by Renka

Quote by Thepoison92
What is, 'Code Red' by the way?

It's what the administration would refer to a gunman on campus, basically. We have one or two drills a year, wherein we barricade ourselves into a classroom and then the local police come by and try the doors/inspect the barricades and evaluate the school.

Honestly, it's stupid, because they tell you to make a little fort out of desks, which means most of the desks are piled in a corner as opposed to against the doors/windows. We one last week. Last year, my friends and I made the best barricade in the school according to the cops. Last week, as I was making the barricade, some dumbasses deconstruct it. Mine basically stacks the desks and interlocks them so it can't be pushed over. They got ONE desk and put it on the end, putting a couple desks behind it, not even tilting those over, and piled a bunch of light ass chairs behind that. The worst part is that the table wasn't even as wide as the door, so there was a gap that a gun barrel could easily get through.

/rant...

Quote by Pauldapro
Quote by Chris_Parker
It's what the administration would refer to a gunman on campus, basically. We have one or two drills a year, wherein we barricade ourselves into a classroom and then the local police come by and try the doors/inspect the barricades and evaluate the school.

Honestly, it's stupid, because they tell you to make a little fort out of desks, which means most of the desks are piled in a corner as opposed to against the doors/windows. We one last week. Last year, my friends and I made the best barricade in the school according to the cops. Last week, as I was making the barricade, some dumbasses deconstruct it. Mine basically stacks the desks and interlocks them so it can't be pushed over. They got ONE desk and put it on the end, putting a couple desks behind it, not even tilting those over, and piled a bunch of light ass chairs behind that. The worst part is that the table wasn't even as wide as the door, so there was a gap that a gun barrel could easily get through.

/rant...

so basically, they call Code Red and then you build forts out of classroom furniture? Then the cops come round and tell you how great/crap you are?

I want this kinda thing at my college
Quote by Renka

Uno and BS are awesome when you really get into them.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
I was also thinking cribbage, if i could be assed to get a board and bring it with me to school.
Quote by darksauce

Balls to the Walls
Quote by OddOneOut
Speed! 2 player game.
Erm. its kinda hard to explain. Sit facing each other.
Divide pile in half. Have half each. Lay out cards infront of you solitaire style piles, but only have 5 piles, (so it goes 1,2,3,4,5). Place remainder of pile to the right of the table, but forward of your piles.
At the same time, turn over the first card. You may put cards that are one higher, or one lower down. You may lay down on your opponents pile or your own.
In the piles that are laid out, you may group together cards of the same value, when a pile is empty, you may move a card of your choice to that space in order for you to turn over more cards. The last 3 cards you have you may pick up.

If neither of you can go, both turn over another card from the pile on your right. process starts again.

The aim is to get rid of all the cards in your 'hand' when you do this, slap the smallest pile, this then becomes yours and you both shuffle your share of the cards and start again.
Keep playing til one player slaps the empty pile (you will get to a point where only one person will be turning over the new card to play)
If you slap the smallest card before the other person does after they put down their last card, the pile is yours

Me and my buddy are in a best-of-87 speed tournament right now. I am up 5 games to 4.
<Han> I love Hitler