K, so I got this Mac OS X, right? I need to update it to version 10.4. But when I tried at the apple site, it got all downlaoded and then started to install it the update. And halfway thru, it says it doesn'r have the correct installer. Help!

Wat do I need exactly and where can I get it? Tyvm, pit. Peace.
You can't get Mac OSX 10.4 You need to buy it. You can only download 10.4.1, 10.4.2 and so on.
The latest version of Mac OSX is Leopard 10.5. You need to buy it and you cannot just download and upgrade.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Mac OSX's current version is Leopard, which is 10.5

You gotta pay for it.
Dammit! How much does it cost to upgrade to Leopard?

Edit: I see from above that I casn't jus buy it and download it. Grr...this is bullshit!
The problem is you have a mac.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
In a couple of seconds this will become a PC vs MAC thread

And there it goes. Well, my questions have been answered and I'm pissed. Peace, y'll.
So Mac's aren't perfect....
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Funny, my Mac has been way less problematic than any PC I've ever had the displeasure of using.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
a funny thing happened at work the other day.

my boss brought his mac (i work for a 3d visualisation company) to show a presentation.

his partner looked at his mac, fiddled around with it for a while

then exclaimed "wow, this thing can almost do everything my PC can do!"

everone laughed, and my boss hates his partner since that day.
Quote by rockhardmetal
Dammit! How much does it cost to upgrade to Leopard?

Edit: I see from above that I casn't jus buy it and download it. Grr...this is bullshit!

No it's not. And I'm pretty sure you get a customer discount for upgrades. If you're a first time customer, you'd pay the full price.

But just think about it. If you were upgrading from XP to Vista, would it be BS for Microsoft to charge you the money to buy it?

Anyways, it's $107 on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832110040

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by Xiaoxi

But just think about it. If you were upgrading from XP to Vista, would it be BS for Microsoft to charge you the money to buy it?

Yes, it is. So just go to a certain bay of cutthroats. And plunder thar operating system.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
Yes, it is.

Sorry, but the real world doesn't run on charities.

And it's against the rules to promote piracy in here.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
thats like asking boss to send you a new version of the GT multi effects board free of charge each time a better one comes out.

EDIT: remember, programs are products, too.