I'm actually setting a goal! I'm saving up for an Epiphone G-1275, Which, on their site is $1099.99, but to be safe i'll save $1300.00. I figure, If I work with my bud Joel this summer, making $100-$200 a week at CD-Rec (Youth Recreation Place where I live) I'll have enough for it AND a new Amp! Does anyone here own one? are they good? (note: I'm getting one either way, don't try to change my mind, it's my dream guitar)
my buddy has one.... and honestly... they aren't that great. I would suggest getting one off ebay for about 500 cause they aren't worth wasting that amount of money on new. trust me
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by littlesparrow51
isn't someone going around with "if you buy new, you're getting ripped off" in their signature?

what?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by littlesparrow51
isn't someone going around with "if you buy new, you're getting ripped off" in their signature?

Of course if you buy new then you get ripped off. Tell me something that you won't get ripped off if you buy new that costs over 20$.

Buy the guitar you want. Go to a GC and play it, if you still like it, then I say buy it. New guitars bring new memories which are much more irreplaceable than money can ever be.

There is nothing worse than to leave a store thinking you should have bought a different guitar, you will just start thinking about that every time you play it.
right right, but a used guitar in great condition can still give you memories and the satisfaction of a half full wallet? IDK lol, I'm just a cheapskate

Go for it OP, I have my own goal of an American Tele Deluxe.
I personally would not buy a guitar used, at least online. Maybe if I did a detailed inspection (including checking wiring & frets & stuff). I'm definitely going used for my next amp though.
I'd just buy a Gibson SG instead but that's just me...
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???