Hey Guys..

I'm here because i'm upgrading guitars from my Stagg Strat

There are two guitars I have my eyes on, both Epiphone Les Pauls, one is a: Epiphone Les Paul Special II -
And the other is a:
Epiphone LP 100 -

I was just wondering if you guys could recommend which is better?
Have you had any experiences with either of these guitars? I really need to know, because i've tried them both out and like them, but if someone owns one and they screw out after say 6 months i'd prefer not too buy it..

Thanks in advance
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Definately not the Special II
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
thats an upgrade ? lol joking, umm i'd save some more money man, and get a better Epi LP is thats what your set on, like a standard plus-top, or ultra, because if you get more advanced these two will not hack it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Easily the LP 100. Those extra two knobs, arch top and slightly better pickups are easily worth the extra $100 or so. Really though, just save or a $500 LP Standard.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Save some money, but if you're set on a cheaper guitar, with some nice pickups the LP-100 can sound pretty good. Plays nice, too, but I still recommend saving your money.
From having the experience of owning a LP-100, I am going to be straight...neither one. Either save up for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, or get an Agile LP copy.
Be cool.
Quote by irishstang_87
Save some money, but if you're set on a cheaper guitar, with some nice pickups the LP-100 can sound pretty good. Plays nice, too, but I still recommend saving your money.

Yeah, i'm gonna get one of those in the mean time, I have 400 or so dollars, and i'm just gonna use it till I get enough money for a better guitar, it's hard to make lots of money when you're 14 and you arn't quiet allowed a job lol.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
LP 100 hands down!
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

The Special II isn't that bad, it was my first electric. Obviously some are better than others, that's just the nature of Epiphones. Just play them both at the store. If you have 400, and you spend the 150 on the Special II, you still have 250 to spend on a decent amp and some effects. Think about it. Whichever you buy, the Special or the 100, are you really going to hang on to it for that long? When it's time to upgrade you can offload it and get your next guitar. Or wait a little and get a standard, like everybody else said. It's up to you.
Agile AL-2000, or AL-2500.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
If you are going to play it stock then save the cash and get the special for now. For some reason the people I know with specials their guitars stay in tune way better then the LP100 I have when it was stock. And the pickups are gonna be the same in the 2 guitars. The 2 knobs and arched body arent really worth the 100 bucks.
Quote by surfguitar96
is lp100 better than sg special?

I think the sg special is basically the same as the LP special, so yeah, definitely. LP-100's are great guitars, imo, just make sure you play a few of them and find a good one.
I got a Les Paul 100 as my 1st guitar, and it did me well. Actually selling it now, shame your in New Zealand.
p.s. I did actually use the 2 extra controls a lot, but perhaps thats just me.

Rock on!

EDIT: Also mine is now 3 years old and still works perfectly, so they are reliable.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Last edited by Metfan1991 at Nov 6, 2008,
look for local brands that aren't a rip-off.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 6, 2008,
My first electric was an Lp100... I kept it about 6 months then got rid of it for a Strat. =)
the lp 100 is good if you mod it (i own one, new tuners, pups, strap buttons, soon to be getting the fretboard scalloped)

otherwise, save up for a standard
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Lp-100
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk