Hi,

I just took the time to 18V mod, clean, restring, ... my ESP M-1000.
This guitar has a (original, afaik) floyd rose, and one of the string lock blocks fell out.

After searching & going into panic mode for 5 minutes (I had no clue whether you could order these), I looked them up. At Vox Humana, they sell these blocks from Gotoh and Schaller.

http://www.voxhumanawebstore.nl/webstore/product_info.php?cPath=139_157_162_169&products_id=971
http://www.voxhumanawebstore.nl/webstore/product_info.php?cPath=139_157_162_169&products_id=3209

Are these blocks a guaranteed fit for my (original) floyd rose?

Also, it'd be pretty crazy for me to pay 12€ shipment costs to Belgium for 6 3x3x3mm cubes, which cost 2€ in total. Would local shops have these available too?

SanderD
No, cuz they're not Floyd Rose blocks. They're schaller and gretsch blocks. Different lockin trem systems, man.

And, yes, local shops should have Floyd Rose blocks. But make sure they are genuine Floyd Rose parts or they prolly won't fit.
Well.. most of us here speak English, but yes, if they are designed for a Floyd Rose, they will likely fit an OFR.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
rockhardmetal:
they're in the 'Floyd Rose Parts' section of the website, so I assume they're for the Gotoh & Schaller licensed floyds.

Øttər:
About the 'English' thing:

Stemblokje = String Lock Insert Blocks
That's about the only useful information on those pages.
Quote by sanderd
rockhardmetal:
they're in the 'Floyd Rose Parts' section of the website, so I assume they're for the Gotoh & Schaller licensed floyds.

Also, both Gotoh and Schaller make OFRs. The general concensus is that Schaller does the best job. Too bad the OFR on my LTD is Gotoh.
Quote by rockhardmetal
No, cuz they're not Floyd Rose blocks. They're schaller and gretsch blocks. Different lockin trem systems, man.
If by Gretsch you mean Gotoh, then you're completely wrong. All of these words are just brands, not products. FRs are made by Schaller and Gotoh, LFRs are made by both of these brands too as well as numerous others, sold with their own stamp on the side. And string locks will generally fit most brands of FRs, whether they're original or licensed.
Recommended threads
EMG 81 vs 81-X
DaftRocker
Last post:
by UnsignedRecords
Emg Vs Emgx
Blanco
Last post:
by i_am_metalhead