Quote by rockhardmetal
A good way to answer this is to go to here, http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP150-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156606, and read the reviews on the side, man. Saves a lot of time too. You don't have to wait for us to respond.

you never, ever, in a million years trust the reviews on musician's friend and guitar center, never.

Imo, the rp150/250/350/500 are all overerly digital. The only digitech pedal i would think about getting is the gnx4
Quote by Ghold125
you never, ever, in a million years trust the reviews on musician's friend and guitar center, never.

Imo, the rp150/250/350/500 are all overerly digital. The only digitech pedal i would think about getting is the gnx4

I agree with your first point. They gave the Squier I bought 4 stars
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
The RP150 is not bad. if you REALLY need it get it if not save for a RP250 (150$) or RP500 (300$)

I don't think I need an expression pedal, so I'll stick with the 150.

EDIT: Whoa, the 500 has a lot of models.

EDIT 2: What does a compression pedal do, lol?
Last edited by JohanthePirat at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by JohanthePirat
I don't think I need an expression pedal, so I'll stick with the 150.

EDIT: Whoa, the 500 has a lot of models.

EDIT 2: What does a compression pedal do, lol?

I have the 500, and I love it. I am unlocking all sorts of new doors in my playing, and I don't have to spend a grand to get individual fx that I may or may not like. It even sounds good pumping thru my amp/cab and lined into my mixer, which is a problem I had with my RP50 (sounded great thru headphones, like crap when amp'd).

The RP50 is great for portable practice. I still use it for that. I never thought I'd give a crap about an expression pedal, until I got one. Now I'm hooked.
if you like the Digitech stuff at least get the 250 and not the plastic stuff. It has the same chip as the 500 and the expression pedal can be used as a volume or effect level as well which is nice. I like the individual stomp buttons of the 500 but if you are on a budget the 250 is the way to go imo. USB and editing software are also key for me.
i have the RP150, all the clips on my profile were recorded using nothing but my guitar, the RP150 via USB into my computer.

dont get it if you want modern metal tones but just about everything else is do-able once you get good at tweaking it