My dads just purchased a line6 spider III which has lots of effects and i was considering going to buy one for myself. but the amp that i have at the moment is a 10watt bb blaster which is to be honest CRAP but i was going to buy a marshall amp or something and buy a multi effects pedal just to use with it.

Please tell me which option should i take.
if to buy a new amp and effects pedal which amp and pedal should i buy
and also if just the amp should i get the line6 spider III or not?
do not get the fallowing amps:
cheap marshalls
line 6 spiders
cheap solid state crate's
raven amps

what's your budget, what kinds of music do you play, are you in a band/plan to be?
It'd suggest buying amps and pedals differently. DO NOT get the Line 6.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

flextone's aren't bad sounding, but I really think the spider sounds immeasureably worst.
Quote by merr08
my budget is £100
i thought the line 6 spider was great but oh well

Honest question, because theres so many Spider/MG buyers here that aren't aware, what do you like about the Spider?
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
Honest question, because theres so many Spider/MG buyers here that aren't aware, what do you like about the Spider?

I am not talking about he Spider, but I do have something to say about MG's.

I use MG's because I like their tone, whether it is the original marshall tone or not.

I don't mind if I dont' get the clearest sound in the world, as long as my amp doesn't blow up, I get a good tone, and overall I like how it feels and sounds.

I play punk, and punk doesn't really have any specific requirements. I happen to like MG's a lot, so I use them. I can't afford a JVM or a Marshall Tube, but I like Marshalls. I just use the low budget ones, and I don't want to play any different. I like Marshalls, and thats set for me.

And by the way, I played on a 10 Watt Marshall with the gain all the way up and the volume almost all the way up (My friend was a drummer, and I didn't have my amp. The 10 Watt was all he had,) and I managed to hear myself over a drum set and play for about 3 hours total. It wasn't the best amp to use for jamming, but I managed to play on it.

An MG thats 50 Watts or over will cover any kind of simple playing.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by merr08
i like the effects on it

Buy pedals for effects. Buy an amp for the tone.

Also, yeah, Roland Cubes are great. They have some good effects, if that's that important to you, but more importantly, they sound great for a solid state.
oh and also whats a good effects pedal to buy
i can only spend up to £70 on this.
Quote by merr08
ok what amp should i buy then?
i only want to spend £100 or less

Uh, we've just all given you advice. If this is what you, want, then fine. Buy a Roland Cube 30.
ok thanks for the advice i dont have enough money to buy the 30 watt amp so its only a 15 watt amp which looks very good
but what multi effects pedal should i buy?
if just found the boss me50 on a website and it looks a very good multi effects pedal
i got a vox 100vt... the different tones and effects you can get from it is amazing. I will never need to buy a pedal
Dude...if you're getting the Cube 30X you don't need any pedals, at least for now. I would get that amp, it's a fantastic practice amp. You could also pick one up used.

@ the person who asked why people get Spiders / MGs:

Over summer break, I was in India and I had to use borrowed gear, which was unfortunately an MG30DFX. God, the cleans were horrible, and the thing would conk out at random times, but when it worked the distortions were good for certain tones. I was able to get an awesome Tony Iommi sound out of it, couldn't get the right Maiden sound though.

I definitely wouldn't buy it though.
Quote by tigerking615
Dude...if you're getting the Cube 30X you don't need any pedals, at least for now. I would get that amp, it's a fantastic practice amp. You could also pick one up used.

@ the person who asked why people get Spiders / MGs:

Over summer break, I was in India and I had to use borrowed gear, which was unfortunately an MG30DFX. God, the cleans were horrible, and the thing would conk out at random times, but when it worked the distortions were good for certain tones. I was able to get an awesome Tony Iommi sound out of it, couldn't get the right Maiden sound though.

I definitely wouldn't buy it though.

the cube only has distortion, overdrive and metal sounds on it. but buying a effects pedal with wah-wah, reverb, tremolo and chourus/flange can last me a long time and i can use it with amps i buy in the future.
look into the Vox Valvetronix series of amps. I use the effects that are on the amp. It is a solid state with a tube preamp. I love it, I have the 30 watt version. I use a digitech rp200a processor. The amp itself has good effects and also it sounds good with effects pedals as well.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Roland Cube. Try to get the 30, the effects are even better.

i bought one of 'em 2-3 weeks ago.. It's pretty kickass