Hi, I'm looking to buy a telecaster, and I've had input from many of the guys on UG so far (american deluxe yeh? ). However, I can only afford reissues etc. I've seen a lot of folks talking about how the quality in this country or that country is pretty bad, so I wanted to know which ones to avoid. Educated buyers come out on top right?
just play a bunch of different ones and buy the one you like best. any country can produce quality instruments or bad quality ones, you really never know what it will be untill you try it. good luck.
I love my Made in Mexico telecaster... no complaints at all
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
problem is, I'm searching mostly online. I have a bone to pick with guitar center etc. But yeah, I'll check out the mom and pop music stores to see what they got although I dunno if I can get anything for a lower price. Thanks!
Chinese; Generally about as bad as their food and children's toys. Touch it if you want to get angry at yourself.

Korean; Excellent for the money. I own a pair of Korean guitars, I'm happy. =3

Mexico; Pretty good, but not as good as American, and slightly above Korean. Still, it's amazing what a few miles north does.

America; Some of the best IMO.

Frankly gems of Chinese guitars are, in my experience, better than most US-made guitars though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
MIA's are usually more expensive than say MIM's. What's your budget?
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

I'd say my budget is 600-700 dollars. I have a korean made '96 Epi LP myself, it sounds great, although I wish I had the time to work on it more. Just a few little cosmetic things that nag at me lol.
Quote by littlesparrow51
I'd say my budget is 600-700 dollars. I have a korean made '96 Epi LP myself, it sounds great, although I wish I had the time to work on it more. Just a few little cosmetic things that nag at me lol.

Just a note on the Epi; nice axe. Pics?

Anyway, frankly I think the Mexican Fenders are great guitars, just swap the pickups if their after 2003 if it's a standard, after that the pickups got a lot weaker.

If you can save up $50 more though, go for a Highway One.

Ok, I hadn't realized that mexican guitars were very good. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

'96 Epiphone Les Paul Birdseye/Standard?

I don't know what pickups are in it, I had bought it as a deal and was going to replace the pickups later. The previous owner(s) was abusive. There are 3 chips in the back, one of which is about the size of half a dime. It was as dirty as could be when I first got it, had to spend some time cleaning then polishing everything.

Otherwise, it plays great and the front is undamaged.
**sorry for the shitty picture quality - my webcam isn't that great.
Yeah, just play through a bunch to make sure you don't get a lemon.

Pretty...how's she sound?

I have a Chinese made LTD SC-202 and I'm amazed with the quality on this thing. It's not perfect but for $165 I couldn't pass it up.

But as a general rule of thumb China<Indonesia<Korea<Mexico<Japan or USA.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?