Page 1 of 2
so me and y friends need software to make rap beats.

what is some good software?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
yo motha ****a
don't be writin rap
it be crap
boom boom flap flap
X-cuse me i gat go Fap
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Use your body. Just make random noises like stomps and snaps.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
lol
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
There's a program called Soul or something like that. I'll try and find a link for you later on...
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
FL Studio?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by andy_thomas
Use your body. Just make random noises like stomps and snaps.

A really good sound is when you pull on your penis, it should make a *fap* sound.
Fruity Loops is good
Garage Band for mac
and Soundtrack from the Final Cut Package is basically an industry standard
Dick+strings= owww
I've heard a lot of good things about Fruity Loops. Beatcraft is very good for most types of music.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Fruity Loops
Reason
Logic

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Fruity Loops Studio 8, find a torrent, because the demo doesn't let you save. I learned that after two hours of making epic beats.
Quote by pilgrimevan
It's even worse...THE KID HAS A GREEN DAY AVATAR!!

What's your point? You have a Metallica avatar.

Green Day > Metallica.

EDIT: Xiaoxi, and Pyrest

Great minds think alike I suppose.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Last edited by andy_thomas at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by pilgrimevan

And you have a Metallica avatar. What's your point?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
just snap every 43 seconds, thats how all rap songs are made
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Just clap, hiss, and hit something in a rythmic pattern with a mic. Also, sing something about a chicks supa fine ass. Oh and make sure to sound the same as every other rapper out there. Thats how rap is made.

If you want to get crazy, you can use effects on your voice.....kind of like most of them do. You could be really hardcore and play an amazing guitar solo like Lil Wayne.....except like him, you dont actually play it, you just pretend.
hydrogen
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Titansfan920
Just clap, hiss, and hit something in a rythmic pattern with a mic. Also, sing something about a chicks supa fine ass. Oh and make sure to sound the same as every other rapper out there. Thats how rap is made.

If you want to get crazy, you can use effects on your voice.....kind of like most of them do. You could be really hardcore and play an amazing guitar solo like Lil Wayne.....except like him, you dont actually play it, you just pretend.

'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i use FL8 and Sonar 7 you could check out some of the songs my profile to see what the programs can do.

Quote by Xiaoxi
And you have a Metallica avatar. What's your point?

BURN!!!
Quote by Titansfan920

Saying hip hop is garbage because of Lil Wayne and 50 Cent while ignoring people like Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Nas, Living Legends, Tupac and Biggie is retarded and close minded.

If I told you that all rock n roll music was shit because of Fall Out Boy and Simple Plan, you'd be pretty pissed off wouldn't you?
Quote by metalhead39
Saying hip hop is garbage because of Lil Wayne and 50 Cent while ignoring people like Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Nas, Living Legends, Tupac and Biggie is retarded and close minded.

If I told you that all rock n roll music was shit because of Fall Out Boy and Simple Plan, you'd be pretty pissed off wouldn't you?

wow that is probaly the greatest insight to the subject that ive ever seen.
Quote by metalhead39

That wasnt in all seriousness, I came off harsher than I realize. While I generally dont like hip hop, I really respect alot of people like Public Enemy, Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and people like that. It just gets irritating to me when lately it seems like they all sound the same and sing about the same thing.

But thats actually a great analogy, if rock was Fall Out Boy........I wouldnt listen to music.
Quote by metalhead39

I'm just throwin' it out there, that's probably the best argument I've heard for rap ever.
Quote by Titansfan920
That wasnt in all seriousness, I came off harsher than I realize. While I generally dont like hip hop, I really respect alot of people like Public Enemy, Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and people like that. It just gets irritating to me when lately it seems like they all sound the same and sing about the same thing.

But thats actually a great analogy, if rock was Fall Out Boy........I wouldnt listen to music.

Yeah good mainstream rap is EXTREMELY hard to find these days. There's a few good ones like Lupe, Kanye, Nas, Jay Z, Eminem and such, but other than that it's all the same old generic talentless trash.

By the way, I just wanna make it clear that I am in no way bad mouthing your musical preferences cause that's just plain stupid. Everyone's got an opinion, just listen to whatever you think sounds good. Personally, I like pretty much every type of music besides emo but to each his own.
Quote by pilgrimevan

you have a metallica avatar...... Newb
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
already been said 10 times im sure, but just so you know FL8 aka fruity loops studio 8 is probably one of the best programs out there you can get right now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
yo thugdizzle homeslice. if you want to roll wit da tightest of da tight, na what I'm sayin? Then you gotz to get the illmatic type freakflow dizzle bizzle on the one wizzle na what I'm sayin? crackerjack whitebreads be hatin and be watchin me rollin, hatin, but yo ma nizzle, that ain't wat I be playin? Is dat what you playin gizzle? make dem funkmatic ill type beatz wit yo homeboyz fo rizzle dizzle. Then you gonna make it in dis hear rap game na what I'm sayin? Fo dizzle.
Quote by GmacD
yo motha ****a
don't be writin rap
it be crap
boom boom flap flap
X-cuse me i gat go Fap

What he said.

Please dont pollute the world with anymore rap.

But anyways, its called a drum machine that does that kind of stuff for you.
Page 1 of 2