I would go with the Peavey, and I would recommend trying them out before you make a decision. Good luck!
Metal is a style of guitar playing that would work for either of the amps. it just depends on your opinion on the tone of each.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Quote by Andrew0805
well im buying them online so i cant really try them out lol

That's going to be a problem. lol.

If you have a store nearby you that sells them, buy it there. ALWAYS try out an amp or guitar before buying it, unless it's somehow totally impossible.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
roland cubes are good amps

for metal guitars

Esp, LTD, IBANEZ, OR JACKSON ARE GOOD

effects: most amps have an overdrive
and some sort of added in effects that are alright

reverb is good
distortion
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
I hate to be the stickler, but I really think you should go with the $500-700 range on the amp and go for a cheaper guitar. Then you could get a Bugera (I know they were reported to have some reliabilty issues, but it looks like the newer ones don't) and I'm sure you would be happy with a cheaper guitar. Given your cumulative budget you could get this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar?sku=518181 and this http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BUG6260212 which would be versatile enough to mess around and be dynamite for metal. Good luck and happy playing =]
Member of the vegetarian club

Arbor AF-100
Cheap Kona

Boss PH-2
Ibanez DC10
NYC Big Muff
Little Alligator
Peavey Rockmaster
TC G-Major
FCB1010
BBE 401 Maxie
Boss RC-20

70's Fender PA 100
yeah but i dont need a really good amp cause im only going to play at home and i dont do gig
and i live in a apartment xDD
peavy
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Andrew0805
yeah but i dont need a really good amp cause im only going to play at home and i dont do gig
and i live in a apartment xDD

you seem confused.
a good amp does not mean a loud one, for example: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-JSX-Mini-Colossal-Guitar-Amp?sku=480777

I am not telling you to get that amp, but instead of paying $200 for an amp, and $700 guitar, buy $500 for an amp, and $400 for a guitar. You will have a much better sound. dont buy a nice guitar with a not so nice amp, seriously you will regret it.
Quote by Andrew0805
well im buying them online so i cant really try them out lol

That's stupid.
What I think sounds good for metal might be completely different to what you think sounds good.
I'd say Peavey though, as I've tried to Vox and I couldn't get a very heavy sound out of it.

EDIT: +1 for the Roland Cube idea.
Also, spend more money on the amp, less on the guitar. Seriously, if you get a good amp, it will make crap guitars sound at least half decent.
Find a cheaper guitar that feels good to play, and spend a bit more on getting a tube combo of some sort.
Member of the Laney Cult
Both are great amps. The only pedals you might need are a wah, a tuner, or some other weirdo pedal like a digitech whammy if you wanted one. I have the vox, i love it. I've tried the vypyr, it was great. Try to find some sound clips and see which you like more.