So does anyone have one? If so, what kind of music are they good for and how do they sound? I was thinking about getting one, but the only band I know that uses one is Blindside.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Never heard of that brand o_o.
What's the origin of that brand?
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
It's from Sweden, but they sell 'em on Guitar Center's website.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
I think there's a Hagstrom owners' thread on this forum somewhere. Do a search.

They're a Swedish name, but made in China now. I have a Swede. Good guitar. Les Paul type of guitar, so generally suitable for the same application. Good quality, probably better than Epiphone, I don't know if I'd go as far as saying as good as Gibson. It's heavy, and dark-sounding, as it's all mahogany.

They're not too well known at the moment, but I think that will change with time. Pat Smears of the Foofighters plays lots of Hagstroms, if celebrity endorsement is interesting for you.

--- D
hagstöms are really good, I would get one if I didnt think they were so hideously ugly :P

but even the lower end hagströms are pretty swell guitars for their price.
Quote by CoreysMonster
hagstöms are really good, I would get one if I didnt think they were so hideously ugly :P

but even the lower end hagströms are pretty swell guitars for their price.

I agree the looks aren't for everyone. I happen to think they look better than Les Pauls, but I can see how someone might think otherwise.

--- D
Ive just baught a viking. Havent got it yet, but Elvis has used one at some point so it cant be that bad
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
i own a hagstrom III from 1960 and something lol
mmm its mostly for jazz i think but the new guitars are not the same so i donnu =]
They look amazing, i was going to buy one but i went for a washburn instead.
Great guitars, almost bought one myself.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
They're great! I've played all the swede types (swede, super swede, ultra swede & select) and they have all been great. If you like the looks of 'em and try one out you'll probably go home with a new guitar.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
I liked the ones I played so far, I've said this before on these boards: They'll leave Epiphone's asshole in ruins if they continue to deliver the quality they've been delivering so far. Sound is nice and I love their slightly weird looks. They work best for rock applications, somewhat LP/SG kind of sound.

Quote by karmadog3
they r dumb.

Quite the contrary. But you are dumb.
Elvis played a Viking Deluxe for his come back special, same model that Zappa played. The New Viking Deluxe is his son, and the guy from Panic in the Disco also plays a Viking Deluxe.

A lot of guys are starting to play them, but Elvis borrowed the Viking from his regular guitarist. A lot of the new Jazz players use the Jimmy models now.

The most famous player to actually use, and record with Hagstroms is Jimi Hendrix. He used the 8 string bass on several albums, same with the original experience bass player. When the experience broke up, Jimi recorded his own bass tracks on several songs, and he used the Hag.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus