So, my tuners just aint cutting it. One appears to have crapped out and the others are only mediocre. Part of it is probably my restringing technique and my nut, but I'm working on those too. Soo, tuners. No set budget right yet. I was thinking some used locking tuners off ebay. Or perhaps, the locking wilkinsons on GFS. I'm using an Epi Les Paul Custom, so three to a side would be nice
Also, any suggestions on a nut? Bone? Graphite? What will fit my guitar? Thanks in advance
Get the nut first and see if that doesn't help. I use the planet waves tuners that snip the string off and they work very well and hold pitch very well. 15 to 1 turning ratio, all in all very nice.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Know any nuts that'll fit my guitar? i also honestly have no clue how to remove the old one and put in a new one. But I'm pretty handy with my hands (No homo though)
Have a tech cut you a custom nut from a bone blank. It'll sound so much better than the crap plastic ones they sell.
No, I know the plastic one suck. that's what I have
I'd rather not pay a tech. Overpriced, as I am fully confident that I can do it myself. Any website that can help me out with measurments or even just a precut bone/graphite nut that I can just buy?
Not sure, maybe give stewmac, warmoth and gfs a try.
Quote by mcrfobtai
No, I know the plastic one suck. that's what I have
I'd rather not pay a tech. Overpriced, as I am fully confident that I can do it myself. Any website that can help me out with measurments or even just a precut bone/graphite nut that I can just buy?

From http://www.guitarsaddles.com/faqs.asp:

"Q: Do you make guitar nuts as well?

A:Yes I do. I strongly recommend that if you want to simply order one from me, that you have a qualified technician or luthier install it! Why? It is a much more complicated job requiring stricter tolerances and MUCH less room for error than a saddle installation. (See the general information section) Plus, the string slots need to be cut and the slot on the headstock needs to be groomed, all requiring a specialized set of tools to accomplish. Having said this, I will be glad to make a nut for your instrument, but please understand that there will be a bit more work in finishing and dressing the nut for your particular guitar. For nut installation I strongly suggest having your local luthier do the installation."
Id ont even know any luthiers near me and there is no way in hell I'm bringing it to GC. Let's go back to tuners.