Please excuse my stupidity of guitars. What is the difference between an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard besides the looks. How do they differ in terms of sound? Is there a big difference between the 2? Thanks in advance.
In terms of sound there will be little difference but the build quality of the Custom should be higher.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
not much. I actually can't think of anything different
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Luxifer
like the pups and the gold hardware?

Don't bump, especially after anything less than a day.

The pickups, hardware, woods and general quality of build should all be better; basically everything about the more expensive one should be superior.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Custom's are made of two pieces of mahogany with a maple cap, Standards are three pieces of mahogany with a maple cap. Then, the Customs have the gold-plated hardware.

That's it though, those are the only two differences.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.