I have a micro cube amp and its starting to sound weak compared to some off my friend's amps (fender, mesa boogie), So i was thinking of getting a new one...in the $300 to $400 range...im looking for good distortion and overall sound than anything else...any suggestions?
Well, you'll most likely get the normal suggestions for this price range...

Valveking 112, Classic 30, Crate V Series...what's your current guitar/genre of music?
Quote by GNRjungle87

Valveking 112, Classic 30, Crate V Series...what's your current guitar/genre of music?

those are the normal suggestions because they're some of the best in the range
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
What do you play?????

Just realized he has a Sum 41 avatar, so if that's generally the kind of music you play, I recommend the Valveking.
Quote by GNRjungle87

Usually alternative, but sometimes acoustic, metal, and punk
Hang out at the store trying several with the style playing you do. If you can't find one with the distortion you like but everything else is good then just add a foot pedal. You can find a good used Fender Blues Junior for around $200 and you can get a new one in the $400 range. It's 15 watts but if you try it out you will see it has plenty. There are web sites up now that show different settings for this amp, one being www.Steviesnacks.com. He has some demos showing what the amp can do. Take a look and listen.
I personally really like the valveking212 that my buddy has
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
I personally really like the valveking212 that my buddy has
I would definately recommend one
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
I forgot to add for the web site, click on GEAR at the top then on the left side it shows the demos. Also guys if you just like to jam with some back tracks check out a site I ran across called www.guitarbt.com. Tons of backing tracks to jam over
^Agreed, definitely try both the amps first.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not