Please comment let me know how I'm doing, only 12 or so bars but its lead guitar + drums. Still want to write a bassline and rhythm maybe something else too but so far its alright.
Attachments:
WIPfastproggythrashdeath.zip

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

It's still obviously too early to tell how this will end up, but so far it's seems like a good start to some proggy metal.

Imo, you should leave bars 7 and 8 with only the guitar, then bust in with some steady double bass drum + hi hats and snares and such, repeating that section for a bit. The last two riffs are kind of weak, although that's probably because of the lack of bass and solid drumming.

Again, still early to make any solid, passing judgment, but you seem to be on the right track, just make sure you get the bass and drums to do their thing.

Thanks man, yah I added a bassline to it but I wanna still expand it a bit. Thanks for your crit good luck with your piece it sounded very complete.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Yeah... That was weird. You should definetly do better drums. Really. And is that first riff playable?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Yeah... That was weird. You should definetly do better drums. Really. And is that first riff playable?

that was what i was gonna say, that first riff is so unplayable and im no guitar noob. i had to slow it down to half speed to actually hear what was going on. mental bro