the way i usually do it is turn my stereo on really loud and go into the bathroom upstairs and for some reason only the bass part is heard in there
so now that i got new neighbors that are douche bags they call the cops on me every time i do this
and i usually do this when my parents aren't home so when the cops show up(about an hour later) i just deny everything saying there crazy and that just gets them pissed off
so to avoid further confrontation does anyone have a alternative to this technique

any help is very much appreciated
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
Headphones.
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
You could try... listening to the song? I know it's hard but it's the only way I can think of.
turn up the bass and turn everything else down??
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
hit every fret on every string until u have eared out the whole song, it takes a while though
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Use an EQ to set all the higher frequencies down so you can hear the bass better. Or just get the tab.
Quote by vulcan422
hit every fret on every string until u have eared out the whole song, it takes a while though

that's really a waste of time though, you can't really expect to get any more efficient.

there's no shortcut, just train yourself tirelessly, work on recognizing intervals.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
1 realize the common positions and keys guitarists use eg E and A
2 realize what tuning its in relative to the lowest note you hear
3 figure out the root notes
4 figure out the chords then embellishments

its not that difficult is it?
Go to the Musician Talk forum. There was a thread about this earlier today.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???