I'm looking for a new computer. I heard Dells aren't that great and my old Dell isn't working anymore. I'm mostly using this computer for the internet and the music player(I only have a few of music cd's so I don't need a lot of memory). What kind of computer would you recommend I check out?
Quote by metaldud536
The kind that you build.

That's about the end of the thread right there...
I've noticed that just about everyone that lives on my hall use macs. They are the perfect size to carry around. I've heard that they're really easy to use once you get used to them. I have a dell and don't mind it, I'd rather have something smaller though.
Quote by davis_2k8
I've noticed that just about everyone that lives on my hall use macs. They are the perfect size to carry around. I've heard that they're really easy to use once you get used to them. I have a dell and don't mind it, I'd rather have something smaller though.

Except that Macs are super expensive and TS doesn't need a mac.
get a laptop, its hard to find a "bad" computer these days, because they are now becoming more considerd a necesity rather than a.....non-necesity? (I cant remember the word) (I cant even tell if I used the word necesity right) well you get the point stay away from dell and gateway
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by thedude051

or this ^
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
towers have dropped in price big time. Even to build one where I live you wont save much. Get a tower with at least 2-3gb of ram, and the price on the intel q6600 quad core has dropped. You can usually get that now for under 600 canadian here. It won't kill your budget and it'll prevent you for having to upgrade for quite some time. GL
You should get a MAC, and a new keyboard and mouse.

I hate the keyboard and mouse for the mac...
Quote by life_777
You should get a MAC, and a new keyboard and mouse.

I hate the keyboard and mouse for the mac...

Buy the logitech Keyboard and Mouse for Mac. Best 190 dollars I ever spent.
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
dont buy a mac, they cost too much for what they do. just get a dell and buy the proper software, run the virus updates, dont be a lazy bitch and you'll be fine for under 6 to 700 dollars as apposed to over 1000
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Build your own.

www.newegg.com

Things to get:
An up-to-date motherboard that supports Intel and nVidia
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 above above
4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 RAM
nVidia 9600GT or above
500GB SATA HDD 7200RPM, preferably by Western Digital
A power supply unit that is 500 watt or above
A good case that has lots of fans and good air flow. I recommend Antec 900
A DVD+RW drive.

Quote by XxGloriousxX
dont buy a mac, they cost too much for what they do.

I wouldn't get a Mac desktop computer, but I won't use anything else other than a MacBook Pro for a laptop...everything else is inferior.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
For the price? No. You could build one like that for the same price with a monitor included.

Is it really that difficult to build a computer?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Build your own.

www.newegg.com

Things to get:
An up-to-date motherboard that supports Intel and nVidia
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 above above
4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 RAM
nVidia 9600GT or above
500GB SATA HDD 7200RPM, preferably by Western Digital
A power supply unit that is 500 watt or above
A good case that has lots of fans and good air flow. I recommend Antec 900
A DVD+RW drive.

I wouldn't get a Mac desktop computer, but I won't use anything else other than a MacBook Pro for a laptop...everything else is inferior.

he doesn't need all this
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Quote by Spockleatard
Is it really that difficult to build a computer?

No. It'll save you a couple hundred bucks and will be better than most stock computers. If you don't know how to do it, chances are you have a friend or acquaintance who does. Just watch and learn.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by XxGloriousxX
dont buy a mac, they cost too much for what they do. just get a dell and buy the proper software, run the virus updates, dont be a lazy bitch and you'll be fine for under 6 to 700 dollars as apposed to over 1000

i totally disagree. i've got the newest mac. and i love it.
i just can't figure out where the program that is equivalent to word is...
and it doesn't make you lazy,glorious.
Quote by ranirhetoric

i just can't figure out where the program that is equivalent to word is...

Pages. It's in the iWork suite.

You can also get Office for Mac. But I like Pages better.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by metaldud536
Except that Macs are super expensive and TS doesn't need a mac.

Unless he wants to be trendy and make up for the fact that he has a small penis and is uncool?
Quote by st.stephen
Unless he wants to be trendy and make up for the fact that he has a small penis and is uncool?

I am in fact, extremely cool.

Penis is huge too. In fact, let me slap you with it right now.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
buy an hp
i'm running off an hp with a q6700 quard core running at 2.66ghz
processor is way more than anyone could need
its got 2 gigs of ram, i'll upgrade that to about 6 soon
with the screen it cost about 1 grand
Quote by Spockleatard
I'm looking for a new computer. I heard Dells aren't that great and my old Dell isn't working anymore. I'm mostly using this computer for the internet and the music player(I only have a few of music cd's so I don't need a lot of memory). What kind of computer would you recommend I check out?

If that's literally all you're gonna use it for, go for a cheapish computer you find anywhere, really. Dells are decent for the price, but you should look around for brands and go on websites and build your own desktops to see the price. I wouldn't get a Mac (period, ESPECIALLY if that's all you'll be using it for).
fck.
Just go find something that is really cheap if that is all you will use it for. Do not try to build one yourself unless you know something about computers because you will end up with a chip that doesn't work on your motherboard or some other kind of problem. Get the wrong power pack and burn your computer or something.

The only reason i would ever buy a mac is for art reasons. Even then i wouldn't buy a mac cause their commercials are annoying. (and full of BS lies)