Ok, so I decided to skip the GAX70, and just go with a medium ranged Epiphone (unless someone has something better under like $600 they'd like to show me)

But I do have a question, is the SG prophecy so much better than the G-400, that I should shell out the extra $250 or w/e?

And if so, why?

Links:
Epiphone SG Prophecy EX

Epiphone G-400
the prophecy has 2 more frets and emgs. but with the g-400 you can rock like angus young. haha
Are you playing metal, or are you playing everything?

The Prophecy is a metal-oriented guitar, while the G-400 is good for a variety.

Do they not make G-400 customs like mine anymore? Get one of those if you can.
meh
im a fan of the epiphone les paul standard plus but i cant say ive tried others

sorry if this doesnt help
It depends on if you want emg pickups and 2 more frets. If you dont have a decent tube amp the emgs will sound like poo anyway. If you have a good amp then i would shoot for the prophecy. If you dont i would go for the 400.
Quote by Wylde_Man
It depends on if you want emg pickups and 2 more frets. If you dont have a decent tube amp the emgs will sound like poo anyway. If you have a good amp then i would shoot for the prophecy. If you dont i would go for the 400.

As of right now, I don't have a great amp (and I'm not sure what a tube amp is, I'm still kind of new, but I'd like a better guitar.) Amps are probably easier to come by than guitars though, right?

Quote by get ta led out!
Are you playing metal, or are you playing everything?

The Prophecy is a metal-oriented guitar, while the G-400 is good for a variety.

Do they not make G-400 customs like mine anymore? Get one of those if you can.

And yes, I'd like to play metal, and maybe some indieish stuff.

Edit: let me rephrase that.

I don't want to buy the G400, and be dissappointed if I'd have to upgrade again in a year, and I can't play either guitars, the guitar center an hour away didn't have either of these. Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas, this will probably be my last upgrade for a while, should it be the more expensive (better?) or the least expensive (seemingly more versitile)
Last edited by xkxlxhx at Oct 26, 2008,