i bought a bc rich warlock as a starting point for my first build, i plan on rewiring, repainting, changing pickups, and whatever else i cant think of at the moment.

anyways what kind of wiring should i do, im goin to have 2 humbuckers, i was considering using the beast schematics, but i dunno where to start, what should i do?
Where you should start 1st is by gettin a guitar repair guide. Dan Erlinwene (sp?) makes a great one. That way you can do it correctly and figure out how to fix any mistakes if you need to. Also, then you can jus find the book and not have to wait a few hours before any1 answers your questions.
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w

here is a good diagram for 2 humbuckers....
but man... fixing up a warlock...

talk about polishing a turd

how so? i couldve made the body myself, its pretty much just building it with buying a body

edit: i bought the guitar, which is in good condition, for $80
Yeah but it's an agathis body. An ugly agathis body.

While wood doesn't make much difference in tone, agathis just is not good, in my opinion.

The neck is likely to be of poor quality as well.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by metal9876
how so? i couldve made the body myself, its pretty much just building it with buying a body

edit: i bought the guitar, which is in good condition, for $80

If you are going to take the time and money to "build" a guitar.... which from the sounds of what you are planning is more of an electronic swap..... you might as well start out with quality parts
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
If you are going to take the time and money to "build" a guitar.... which from the sounds of what you are planning is more of an electronic swap..... you might as well start out with quality parts

well, i am going to build a different one from scratch, possibly maple? any suggestions on what to use, my les paul is mahogany and im not a fan of how heavy it is.

i'll probably just buy the neck tho
Last edited by metal9876 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by Øttər
Yeah but it's an agathis body. An ugly agathis body.

While wood doesn't make much difference in tone, agathis just is not good, in my opinion.

The neck is likely to be of poor quality as well.

i might just change the neck as well, i want one with 24 tho, so i might look for ibanez
Quote by metal9876
well, i am going to build a different one from scratch, possibly maple? any suggestions on what to use, my les paul is mahogany and im not a fan of how heavy it is.

A light, solid maple guitar?

Try alder, mahogany, or ash. Your Les Paul is heavy because it can double as a nuclear fallout shelter. It is, to quote Jethro Tull, thick as a brick. Around 2 inches of solid mahogany, I believe.

EDIT:We aren't answering your question because it was incredibly vague.

I think you should wire it like a fire engine. So it has sirens and shit.

What kind of music do you play, and what amp do you have?

If you play metal, and you have a good tube amp, throw an 85/81 in it.

EDIT 2: You'll need to make sure the scale lengths match up if you are switching necks. BC rich's generally have 25.5 inch scale lengths, and Ibanez' can vary, I think. Get some facts to be sure.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Last edited by Øttər at Oct 26, 2008,
I love taking old guitars and customizing them. I did a basic ESP with 2 humbuckers, a 3 way switch, and push pull pots for series parallel modes. Threw in an ultraviolet LED and polished her up. Made a cheap guitar into something pretty cool that sounded great. Use your imagination.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by metal9876

i'll probably just buy the neck tho

ok....so you are building a body.....and buying a neck...

so where does this warlock come in?....

and also what the hell do you mean we didn't answer your question....
I don't know how else to answer it but with a wiring diagram...

when someone says how to wire something that usually solves the problem
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
^ I think he's talking about a different build.

Yeah... we did answer his question actually... wow.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər

We aren't answering your question because it was incredibly vague.

I think you should wire it like a fire engine. So it has sirens and shit.

hahaha I lol'd

hahahahaha well apparently out answers aren't good enough.....
Total Failure

...well.... let me explain this, im buying a bc rich warlock body, changing everything, possibly changing necks, but what i was mainly asking was how can i change the wiring for the better. anyways whats a good metal amp for $200 id like it to be used for more than metal because i play music like red hot chili peppers, pantera, aduioslave, slipknot, soundgarden ,etc. as of right now im making one build, talking about making my own is my future build.
Quote by metal9876
...well.... let me explain this, im buying a bc rich warlock body, changing everything, possibly changing necks, but what i was mainly asking was how can i change the wiring for the better. anyways whats a good metal amp for $200 id like it to be used for more than metal because i play music like red hot chili peppers, pantera, aduioslave, slipknot, soundgarden ,etc. as of right now im making one build, talking about making my own is my future build.

with the money you are spending on the warlock... which I believe you said is 80 bucks... and the cost of new....decent pickups.... theres 100 bucks, a new neck... which you would need cause warlock necks are trash.....75 bucks... all other electronics... 20 bucks.... hardware....50 bucks...

buying a somewhat decent new guitar with all of the money you are wasting on fixing trash... priceless

as for the 200 dollar amp... peavey vypr

Quote by metal9876
but what i was mainly asking was how can i change the wiring for the better

still very unclear... are you looking to mod a killswitch... different pots...? what do you want to do
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
with the money you are spending on the warlock... which I believe you said is 80 bucks... and the cost of new....decent pickups.... theres 100 bucks, a new neck... which you would need cause warlock necks are trash.....75 bucks... all other electronics... 20 bucks.... hardware....50 bucks...

buying a somewhat decent new guitar with all of the money you are wasting on fixing trash... priceless

as for the 200 dollar amp... peavey vypr

hello hillel
Quote by metal9876
hello hillel

I don't even know what you are talking about
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
I don't even know what you are talking about

not a fan of RHCP i see
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
no...not at all

ah, well the original guitarist was hillel slovak
yeah.... I realize who you are talking about now....

I am Slovak... as in originally from Czechoslovakia.... not as in my last name...... or favorite guitarist.
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
yeah.... I realize who you are talking about now....

I am Slovak... as in originally from Czechoslovakia.... not as in my last name...... or favorite guitarist.

ah, i see, i figured something of the sort when you didnt know who i was talking about