Well, I damned hate Peaveys. But, yeah, try a Jackson or Gibson Explorer. Tho, personally, I'd get a Fender Stagemaster. (Tho, you'd have to find one used cuz I don't think they make em anymore.) Or an Ibanez is always a good bet, especially if you decide to go for 7 strings. That low B string kicks ass, man.
I'd say Ibanez... I find them the most comfortable to play out of any of the main production guitars.

As for exactly what guitar... Depends on what you want for looks... If you want something pointy maybe look at a Xiphos? Superstrat... RG?
Quote by edusty2010
If you want to sound good spend more on the amp...

But if you're set on a guitar, I'd go LTD or Schecter.

Playing through a good amp with a cheap guitar with cheap pickups etc.. isn't going to be much better...
Quote by Andrew0805
so what kind of ibanez or jackson should i get?
it has to be around 700 dollars

schecter and ibanez make great 700 instruments.

esp does too, check out some of those.
what kind of body are you looking for.
^ Indeed. You have to have a certain "balance" between the two if you know what I men.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Quote by edusty2010
If you want to sound good spend more on the amp...

But if you're set on a guitar, I'd go LTD or Schecter.

there's nothing wrong with vyprs, but from what i can tell you have about a grand budget, and you can get a solid ibanez RG for about 400.
and 600 gets a much better amp.

don't get a schecter or esp if you aren't spending more than 500, they're cheaper models are pretty garbage.
Quote by Post?Organic
Playing through a good amp with a cheap guitar with cheap pickups etc.. isn't going to be much better...

Valid point.

Random rant:

Anyone else hate the fact that people insist on calling LTD guitars ESP? This is happening a lot here. You don't ever see anyone call a squier a fender or an Epi a Gibson.
Quote by edusty2010
Valid point.

Random rant:

Anyone else hate the fact that people insist on calling LTD guitars ESP? This is happening a lot here. You don't ever see anyone call a squier a fender or an Epi a Gibson.

i think they're called esp dude. the website is www.espguitars.com.and i see people call squiers fenders more often than you'd think.
If you go Ibanez and want a tremolo, aim for the zr series. I've heard that the edge III's (most widely employed trem bridge by ibanez) don't hold up very well. I've always been partial to RGs myself. However, you may look into a S470 or something similar. If you have the dough, look into emg pickups.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by edusty2010
Valid point.

Random rant:

im with you man, but
OH GOD!! DO NOT START THIS ARGUEMENT, THIS THREAD WILL BE INSTAJACKED
seriously, just deal with it, it's not that hard
ok guys i cant really choose between the guitars you guys wrote
but im probablly gonna have to change tuning sometimes so what should i get from those list?
If you are mentally challenged stay away from Floyd Rose bridges. However, most people make a huge deal over these and they are not really that hard to change tunings with if you take some time to learn. In fact it's really simple.

But... A fixed bridge would be the simplest to change tunings on though if you can live without a wammy bar.
If there's a guitar store near you, go try some out. You'll never know how you'll like something until it's there sitting in your hands making noise (or music). Also, if you order something from online, there's no gaurantee that the guitar will be set up decently. At least at a store there's at least half a chance somebody picked it up, tuned it, etc. Going to a couple of shops helped me immensely. Without trying some out first, I'd have never gotten what I wanted. Hope that helps some.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
hey organic what do you have to do to change the tunnings than? i heard from lots of people that if you have floyd rose, tunnings really hard

and quinlan i dont live around music stores xD
Quote by tona_107
i think they're called esp dude. the website is www.espguitars.com.and i see people call squiers fenders more often than you'd think.

No, they're not. You scroll down the guitar link, and look "LTD Deluxe/etc" Not ESP, LTD. It just bugs me, because then you get people who play a $150 LTD and say "OMG ESP SUCCKZZ", and we have to explain no, ESP = pretty damn good, really cheap LTD = you get what you pay for.

I don't think I've ever seen/hear someone call a squier a fender though.

But eh. I digress.

If you want a trem and you still want to change tunings, sir, I have a solution for you.

http://www.tremol-no.com/

Buy it now.
I got the LTD Alexi-600 SE, really kickass straightly metal, but suggest to change the pickup, EMG HZ for a SD blackout or emg 81... best metal one I've tried, and proof of it, I had to buy it, I'm metal minded too.
get jackson JS30KV

i got 1 it awsome and if you get the right settings SYNYSTER GATES ALL THE WAY

A7X 4 LYF!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by jazzyp
get jackson JS30KV

i got 1 it awsome and if you get the right settings SYNYSTER GATES ALL THE WAY

A7X 4 LYF!!!!!!!!!!

keep on trollin, trollin,trollin....
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15