I'm looking to buy a new bass and I have no idea what to purchase.

I've really been getting into slap bass And some of My favorite bassists are
Flea, Geddy lee and Kim Deals. I've been looking at some Ibanez's And they seem to have some good deals but I don't know how they sound. I Can't afford anything too fancy something within $300. I was looking at the Ibanez SRX 100 If you know anything about it please tell me
Last edited by Ryan 88 at Oct 26, 2008,
Is it your first bass? I would say take a look at Squier Jazzbass. An Ibanez is probably fine but I'm not an expert.
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass would probably be your best option. It will cover almost any tone range, great feel, built well and not too expensive.
Does anyone know what Would Be some good types of pickups For slap bass ?
music mans sound good, but your best net for money is gonna be a squire jazz bass. the vintage one is a beast
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
How Much of a sound difference if any is there from a squier jazz bass to a fender jazz bass ?
It depends on if you use distortion and other effects.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Quote by Ryan 88
How Much of a sound difference if any is there from a squier jazz bass to a fender jazz bass ?

Squier jazz bass sounds average. Fender jazz bass sounds awesome.