http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL1800-180W-1x12--Bass-Combo-481098-i1166248.gc

this seems like an awesome deal

i have 100 dollars right now and i can deff get the other 150 in the next 3 or 4 weeks
i need a bass amp that can be heard over the drums without it having to be at max, and this seems like a good deal. and it would be nice to hear the low ends and nice highs on my bass without it seeming weak.

any thoughts?
maybe info if anyone has played with/ has this amp?
or maybe a diffrent option?

thanks,peeps.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
It's not a good deal. It sounds like ass and it will break in a couple of months. Get an Ashdown Electric Blue instead.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-15180-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=485037
Last edited by ThatGuy177 at Oct 26, 2008,
well im not really looking for a distorted sound

im looking for a nice clean bass tone

and if its so bad,what are good alternatives around that price range?
Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Minkaro

Quote by Table Salt

add that:
Myspace
It's your money man, you can buy if you really want to, but allow me give you some information. First off, Behringers are listed at their PEAK wattage, and not their RMS. Peak wattage is how many watts it is when it's maxed out. The RMS, or continuous wattage, will probably around 90 or so. Second, they are usually not built very well, meaning you'll probably have problems with it very soon. Lastly, sound quality. It's god awful. It comes done to you though. Go try it out if you want to. If you like what you see, get it. I can't tell you what to do with your money. Look around for other things in your price range before buying though.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
actually, theyre not as garbage as everyone says they are. i used to play on my freinds and ppl could feel it in the pool outside, when it wasnt even at half as high as it could go. id say do it, or save up a litte more for Hartke. those are kickass.
Quote by shdowfox17
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL1800-180W-1x12--Bass-Combo-481098-i1166248.gc

this seems like an awesome deal

i have 100 dollars right now and i can deff get the other 150 in the next 3 or 4 weeks
i need a bass amp that can be heard over the drums without it having to be at max, and this seems like a good deal. and it would be nice to hear the low ends and nice highs on my bass without it seeming weak.

any thoughts?
maybe info if anyone has played with/ has this amp?
or maybe a diffrent option?

thanks,peeps.

It seems like it perhaps for a little while but then, it will reveal its true identity as a baby killing fartmachine. I would most definitely save up for a different amp. What kind of band are you in?
Think about this, thats 180 watts peak. Its less RMS. At most 150 watts RMS. That won't really get you over a rock band. And there was a dude that felt the same, bought a Behringer, and two weeks later, posed that it had broke down. To quote Tom Morello, "don't do it, bro!"
Quote by ccam555
It seems like it perhaps for a little while but then, it will reveal its true identity as a baby killing fartmachine. I would most definitely save up for a different amp. What kind of band are you in?

a rock band

on the screamo edge

but i wont let the band have no bass
its gna be a bass heavy band
me and the drummer already have it set up that way,and we are the masterminds of the damn thing

so i need something that can pack a punch
Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Minkaro

Quote by Table Salt

add that:
Myspace
Quote by shdowfox17
a rock band

on the screamo edge

but i wont let the band have no bass
its gna be a bass heavy band
me and the drummer already have it set up that way,and we are the masterminds of the damn thing

so i need something that can pack a punch

I already suggested an Ashdown Electric Blue in my previous post so why don't you check that out.
Acoustic also.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
hartke ha2500 combo
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
This is directed to our vastly superior overlords (aka the Mods):

I know there's a section in the FAQ about how bad behringer is, but for the sake of getting rid of these type of threads, could we maybe have a stickied thread about how potentially bad Behringer gear is? Just a thought.
You need more money. That Behringer has a 120W speaker in it. Despite not being powerful enough anyway, that speaks masses about the build quality.

As said before, there is now a pretty good screenshot of two threads by the same guy. One asking what is wrong with Behringers, one saying that it has broken 2 weeks later.

I don't think the Electric Blue will have enough punch either (it needs an extension cab to get full power).

Really, you need more money. For a bit more, I would suggest either the Warwick Sweet 15 or the Ashdown MAG 300. Despite the Ashdown having more power (180W without an extension cab), the Warwick beats it for out the box power (in my experience), though it lacks the upgrading potential, and both should do for practising, and both would probably want PA support at a gig.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by kyle33093
why would anybody in thier right mind want distortion on a bass?

Really?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
^^ I like Distorion Bass...

And the Hartke ha2500 Combo will kick it out at small to medium sized gigs.

Worked for me

Now I've added another cab, and it packs a huge punch

But, get as much money as you can.

and try out everything.

and look for something like. 1X15's(or more), 2x12's(or more), or 4x10's(or more)
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by kyle33093
why would anybody in thier right mind want distortion on a bass?

What a fcking stupid thing to say.