Hey UG, I want a new amp, and play mainly hard rock-metal (metallica, megadeth, dream theater, and sometimes bands like pantera). But to be honest i mainly play rock. I have a price range of about up to 1000 dollars new or used.

ty
Quote by boroboy
Hey UG, I want a new amp, and play mainly hard rock-metal (metallica, megadeth, dream theater, and sometimes bands like pantera). But to be honest i mainly play rock. I have a price range of about up to 1000 dollars new or used.

ty

well, which is it?
Where do you live?
Quote by ampoverload
get the kirk hammet sig half stack for like $719

...no

see if you can find a used jcm800
Quote by ampoverload
get the kirk hammet sig half stack for like $719

+1
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
haha idn to tell you the truth i play about half early metal and half andy timmons sort of stuff. I found a guy with a used marshall jcm 800 4210, and could pair it with a tubescreamer or zakk wylde od which im planing to buy. How would that work for my genre, and preferably i wouldnt like a stack, just because im using this mainly for my house/small gigs.
It would work prett well. Metallica used to use Marshalls and the 800 is probably the best modern marshall. It has some gain but would benefit froma boost
Did the "The only which amp thread" not show up at the top of your page?

It is stickied to mine....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^^
It's sticked for everybody, but everybody feels that they have to make their own thread about an amp they want, 'cause the stickied threads with thousands of replies full of pros doesn't do it for them.

and +1 to the Marshall 800/900