Alright, so my buddy who's a drummer starting making music with a guitarist/singer friend. he invited me to play lead guitar for them, to which i agreed, but when we jammed i learnt they had no bassist!

i play bass on the side, so i told them i would do that as i knew other guitarists that could be lead that are the same if not better than me.

the porblem is, none of them want to because they all think they suck too much. all fuking 3 of them. my one friend that i really want to have join us is 10 times better than i am, but he thinks hes terrible for some reason.

how do i convince these lame o's that they don't suck so that they'll come play with us??
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
tell them to at least come over and jam with you guys and see if it works
Quote by Steven E
tell them to at least come over and jam with you guys and see if it works

^ i tried this, he said it wouldn't go well anyways, so he doesn't want to... like im so frustrated right now

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Quote by ampoverload
have like a battle between u and him and suck on purpose

That'll boost his confidence, but you fail. he'll think you suck, and not join your band.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
i never thought i'dbe posed with the porblem of finding a guitarist, lol

Pearl Forum Series Drums
I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite just for posting in this thread, since people tell me the same thing.

But I figure the best way to get him to at least try is to just badger him about it. Don't even put emphasis on the fact that he's so good, just that you think he'd fit in perfectly with the band. I know a lot of local bands where I live that mostly play together just because they have fun together, try pitching it to him that way.

I mean, that's what its all about anyway, right?
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Maybe you can invite him to play bass then? Maybe switch roles in the band for certain songs.
Ok if your looking for a guitarist and they arent confident, thats not a good sign. if you want to convince them dont directly ask them, have a jam session with them keep in youch record a tape or somthing and play it back to them then they will leer toward you more. thats how me and my friend got together we didnt even know that we played then we got exposure by busking and entering into charity events we are currently trying to pick up a basist and are in the same situation so good luck.