My band got asked to play at a party...

What equipment will be vitally needed?
For instance our singer does not have a good way to amplify his voice, whats the easiest and cheapest way?
megaphone ftw
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
just run a mic though a amp
I'd **** her so hard, even if she was a decomposing corpse... and I'd just dug her up... damn that'd be hot.
megaphone lawlz

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
what kind of party is it, like a house party, because I had a bad experience with a house party this summer. None of the kids took us seriously and just walked out on us. But get a mic and plug it into an amp.
Well, mic and somethin to plug the mic into. As a rule of thumb, it doesn't hurt to bring a soundboard, amps, mics, speakers, etc. It might be good to bring more than you'll think you'll need, jus in case you suddenly get there and find you absolutely need it.
Quote by KiErAn123
We dont have a decent mic amp.

Well, provided you have the time to do so, borrow one. Especially since I'm guessin rentin some gear from the local guitar shop is outta the question.
well it would help if we knew what you have to begin with and work from that?
I'd **** her so hard, even if she was a decomposing corpse... and I'd just dug her up... damn that'd be hot.
My gear is fine, its my other guitarist who is playing out of a shiiiiiiittty amp, and my singer, who is singing through a shitiiiiiiiitttttttyyyyy amp.
well unless you hire or borrow better gear theres not too many options and it is only a party gig people wont expect state of the art gear
Quote by messiah01
what kind of party is it, like a house party, because I had a bad experience with a house party this summer. None of the kids took us seriously and just walked out on us.

Who's fault is that really? Don't tell me it's theirs.

At any rate, playing a house party can be a good move, because you can play a "gig" without it being a gig, and get your chops and stage presence together, and the party gets free entertainment. Everybody wins.

Also, drunk people at parties are the most honest critics of music.....if you suck you will very quickly know it, and if you are great, the same is true.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
Quote by BHowell
Also, drunk people at parties are the most honest critics of music.....if you suck you will very quickly know it, and if you are great, the same is true.

Although, if some drunk guy yells out "YOU GUYS F*CKIN SUCK!" that's not necessarily an indication that you actually do. All bands get heckled at some point.