only if you get the Dave Mustaine Angel of Deth edition
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
no,you should get a ML there way better than Dean V's,get a dimebag if possible,the Dime-o-flag is an amazing Ml and its only 300,even though the zebra pickups are a bit lakcing
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
you aren't big into sig guitars...or mustaine....

but you love the headstock...
are you aware that most deans, come with that headstock?

which imo is huge... and cheap looking
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
if you can, try it before hand
I've heard that some of the new deans aren't all that great, but I don't have any first hand experience with those.
The older ones are pretty solid though, I just picked up a 2002 ML 7 string from a local pawn shop and I love it
**** Dean. Get ANYTHING else! please! unless you're shelling out like 800$ for a nice one!
Lol before it loaded i saw it had a "matching headstock"

Knowing dean i expected the headstock to be the same size as the body

Anyways, Dean isn't that great for the price imo, and cheap deans are the worst. Save up some more and get a different v shaped guitar.
Quote by ampoverload
yeah but i dont like the headstock and not big into sig guitars or mustaine

Metallica fan boy I smell.

By the judge of your posts, you don't know much about guitars. I would go with ESP or Ibanez for starter guitars.
Last edited by Graveworm at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
Lol before it loaded i saw it had a "matching headstock"

Knowing dean i expected the headstock to be the same size as the body

Another thing I forgot to add, as much as I like my ML, it has MASSIVE neck dive
Quote by Crane965
Another thing I forgot to add, as much as I like my ML, it has MASSIVE neck dive

Strap a brick to the body, that should counteract it.
I had a Dean Dime-o-Flage

the lead tones were really good for a guitar of its price

it had barely any sustain at all though

if you play anything without distortion at all I don't recommend the Deans....that is, until you can afford a Razorback or Mustaine Custom
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Everyone... the Dean he is asking about costs $249.99 and I'm assuming that's around his budget, so quit telling him to get an $800 axe? K thnx.

Those are pretty sweet for their price. Seriously, what other guitars in that range come with Grover tuners? Obviously they're not gonna be a better guitar than say a Jackson Kelly, but they're great for their price. The finish is polyester? and the pickups aren't too shabby. Plus lower end Deans have great, smooth necks (Unless you like those damn Ibanez necks that are the thickness of a pencil..)

And no ML's do not have "MASSIVE neck dive". Their bodies are heavier than a LP, but it's spread out over a wider area so it's very comfortable to play standing up. The guitar was named after Dean Zelinsky's friend Matt Lynn. Matt loved the tone of a LP, but hated their weight and hence we have an ML today. So unless you strap a brick to the headstock... you're pretty much saying a LP has "MASSIVE neck dive"

And someone said something about the headstock looking cheap? Obviously they don't know the story about the (in)famous Dean headstock. It was designed to give a radical angle on the strings to promote tuning stability (A common problem with guitars in the late 70's), and also when the Dean is tuned to Standard 440 the headstock vibrates like a tuning fork on the D string, at least the vintage ones do (Like my '84 ML). The ugly shrimpfork style headstocks also vibrate at a certain pitch, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is.

Man I hate when people talk about guitars on here when they've never even played the model they're talking about, let alone see one. That's the problem with UG, everyone has an 'answer' but hardly anyone gives the right one.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by saitenslayer
no,you should get a ML there way better than Dean V's,get a dimebag if possible, the Dime-o-flag is an amazing Ml and its only 300,even though the zebra pickups are a bit lakcing
this is a good example of a lie.
Last edited by necroscience13 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by Flux'D
Everyone... the Dean he is asking about costs $249.99 and I'm assuming that's around his budget, so quit telling him to get an $800 axe? K thnx.

Those are pretty sweet for their price. Seriously, what other guitars in that range come with Grover tuners? Obviously they're not gonna be a better guitar than say a Jackson Kelly, but they're great for their price. The finish is polyester? and the pickups aren't too shabby. Plus lower end Deans have great, smooth necks (Unless you like those damn Ibanez necks that are the thickness of a pencil..)

And no ML's do not have "MASSIVE neck dive". Their bodies are heavier than a LP, but it's spread out over a wider area so it's very comfortable to play standing up. The guitar was named after Dean Zelinsky's friend Matt Lynn. Matt loved the tone of a LP, but hated their weight and hence we have an ML today. So unless you strap a brick to the headstock... you're pretty much saying a LP has "MASSIVE neck dive"

And someone said something about the headstock looking cheap? Obviously they don't know the story about the (in)famous Dean headstock. It was designed to give a radical angle on the strings to promote tuning stability (A common problem with guitars in the late 70's), and also when the Dean is tuned to Standard 440 the headstock vibrates like a tuning fork on the D string, at least the vintage ones do (Like my '84 ML). The ugly shrimpfork style headstocks also vibrate at a certain pitch, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is.

Man I hate when people talk about guitars on here when they've never even played the model they're talking about, let alone see one. That's the problem with UG, everyone has an 'answer' but hardly anyone gives the right one.

this may be true but they have the slowest rosewood fingerboards known to man
Quote by Flux'D

Buddeh, you make me lol. I tried dozens of Deans at UG in hopes of finding a good one for cheap. Hated every single one no matter how hard I tried to love it. Except the really high-end ones. And those are expensive as hell.

To the topic starter though, I'd say save $250 more, and use the $500 to get an Epi Flying V. Better quality (obligatory IMO to satisfy the quoted; IMO), and Korina is a godly wood.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by Flux'D

I hope you took the AP exams because you're really good at making essays like they ask for
Quote by HighPotency
I hope you took the AP exams because you're really good at making essays like they ask for

Sry lol, I didn't mean to write a novel but I guess that's what happened
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at Oct 26, 2008,
Most deans are a hit and miss, especially the lower end ones. I gotta say the thing that attracts me the most is the headstocks though I love how wild they are.

Go play it, it's the only way.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Flux'D
Sry lol, I didn't mean to write a novel but I guess that's what happened

You are endorsed by DEAN?

How did that happen?
Quote by Graveworm

How did that happen?

Guess they've finally decided they need to take a step away from beating Dimebag's name to death.
Quote by HighPotency
Guess they've finally decided they need to take a step away from beating Dimebag's name to death.

Thank god. I'm all for remembering him with a tribute series, but they were just milking it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Graveworm
How did that happen?

I don't wanna jack his thread, but..
You just gotta have the right people listen to you play sometimes. As long as I play 2 shows a week, and 1 of those shows being across a state-line I can keep my endorsement. They'll send me "1.3 guitars per consecutive year" from their import line. I'm guessing every 4th year I get 2 guitars? I haven't got to order one yet but come next June I can
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
I don't wanna jack his thread, but..
You just gotta have the right people listen to you play sometimes. As long as I play 2 shows a week, and 1 of those shows being across a state-line I can keep my endorsement. They'll send me "1.3 guitars per consecutive year" from their import line. I'm guessing every 4th year I get 2 guitars? I haven't got to order one yet but come next June I can

So the trick is to play 2 shows a week, live right at a state border, and have 1 of those shows in the neighboring state. I should try this lol except not with dean...