Page 1 of 3
i started playing this may and my uncle(who happens to be very very rich, and alson plays the guitar) said to me if you learn house of the rising sun by the animals by christmas he will buy me any guitar i want.

so, i have easily learnt this and im going to see him next week(i dont see him often) and i think he will buy me the guitar next week so the big question is:
Which guitar should i ask for?

i play lead guitar in my band and was looking for a guitar that is easy to play gives a good tone and has quite a wide neck(not too long though) so i was thinking of a gibson les paul please tell mee which guitar i should ask for

thanks a lot
Don't ask us; with something like that, you need to go to a store, sit down for a couple hours and try basically every guitar the store has, all the way to the 1959 Les Paul you feel unworthy of. If it's any guitar and your not paying, try every freaking one you can get your hands on and pick the one you like the most, even if that's a cheap student model.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Standard pit answer:
Go to guitar center
Play a bunch of guitars
pick the one which sounds the best

Besides if you want help you at least have to tell us what kind of music you play, and what your other gear is
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
What type of music do you play? What exactly do you mean by "good tone"? Tell us a little more, and we can probably help you out.
Quote by timi_hendrix
That looks like a digestive biscuit that's been thrown up by a cat.
look on the internet.... find a style you like....
then go to a store... play the ones you like.. pick one...

we all have different opinions... especially if you have an unlimited choice
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Too many variables to give you a straight answer. You play lead, but what kind of music? What kind of amp do you have/want?
A Gibson Les Paul is a very traditional choice...but does it fit you? If you like the single cutaway, humbucker sound, have you checked out a Taylor Solidbody? Do you prefer the strat sound? Clapton? Eric Johnson, Yngwie?
" have a rich uncle blah blah blah blah" bullshit. every single fake "which guitar" thread starts with those words.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Either a PRS 513 or a 55 Les Paul. I'd lean toward the LP, even though I'm a PRS guy just because it's unattainable for most, and if you're not just BS'ing, you could actually get it. Or, you could have him buy it for me.
Hey, if you liike to rock out live and gig, you might want to consider buying a guitar that youre not afraid of getting knocked about. Or if youre primarily a bedroom guitarist... well get something nice.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
paul reed smith? carvin? ibanez? music man? go play them. dur.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
squire strat, man. /thread fo sho lol
Originally Posted by jimbo09
"yeah man, i swallow and then **** out all my picks, it gives u really good tone, i swear"

Originally Posted by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off.
If you play lead guitar for a band, shouldn't you know what guitar you want?
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Jammin'
" have a rich uncle blah blah blah blah" bullshit. every single fake "which guitar" thread starts with those words.

are you jealous?
i play rock music not hevy rock just rock
i have a crap amp at the moment
but im thinking of getting a roland cube 30 and also a boss me50 to go with it
Quote by merr08
i play rock music not hevy rock just rock
i have a crap amp at the moment
but im thinking of getting a roland cube 30 and also a boss me50 to go with it

You don't need a multi effects for a modeling amp (im guessing the me50 is a multi effect pedal).

For getting any guitar you want, getting a roland cube is really cheaping out on an amp.
Quote by HighPotency
You don't need a multi effects for a modeling amp (im guessing the me50 is a multi effect pedal).

For getting any guitar you want, getting a roland cube is really cheaping out on an amp.

what do you mean by cheaping out?
Get a custom.

No, seriously.
'

Go to Carvin, and have them build you a ****ing custom if you have that much money to spend.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

you must buy the yamaha pacifica!!!

it has the tone of the gods, and is most versitile instrument in existance
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Quote by evilbeaver22
Standard pit answer:
Go to guitar center
Play a bunch of guitars
pick the one which sounds the best

Besides if you want help you at least have to tell us what kind of music you play, and what your other gear is

This isn't the pit.

And I agree with the custom idea
Quote by merr08
are you jealous?

I am.

But you need to tell us how much money he is really going to spend and what music you like.

With the info you gave I could just tell you the guitars I want; Ibanez JEM, Jackson Soloist, ESP SV, custom Fender Stratocaster... the list goes on.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
^ and what music do you play? What do you want in a guitar? Give us something to work with.
Quote by Reds3031
^ and what music do you play? What do you want in a guitar? Give us something to work with.

look through the thread because iv already said that
Quote by merr08
look through the thread because iv already said that

You've hardly said anything - rock and a thick neck. Thats not very specific. Get an amp anyways. With $2500 you could get the tone of your dreams with an awesome amp and some decent pickups on an okay guitar
Quote by merr08
what do you mean by cheaping out?

I meant getting an awesome guitar and a cheap amp.

For that price and for a rock setup, i'd get some kinda epiphone or used gibson idk how much guitars cost in euros, and a peavey valveking maybe with an OD pedal.
Quote by HighPotency
I meant getting an awesome guitar and a cheap amp.

For that price and for a rock setup, i'd get some kinda epiphone or used gibson idk how much guitars cost in euros, and a peavey valveking maybe with an OD pedal.

tbh at the moment im mostly bedroom playing ill only need a good amp for playing at like school talent shows and maybe after school when we have concerts so i have time to wait to buy an expensive amp
Quote by merr08
tbh at the moment im mostly bedroom playing ill only need a good amp for playing at like school talent shows and maybe after school when we have concerts so i have time to wait to buy an expensive amp

You'll still need one for practice, and the valveking isn't too expensive, especially used.
It is a known fact that Japanese guitars>USA Gibsons. So.....

GO HERE:
http://www.mustangaxeslinger.com/

If you think he'll really spend £1,250, you can get nearly every guitar here. The £1,250 covers import costs. And the guy speaks english. Then put the rest of the money for a decent amp.
DIO FOREVER
yeah i agree with some custom.

I've had my eyes on the dragonslayer.us guys. But that shits expensive as hell...
a nice high quality carvin, or maybe some custom shop gibson, ahh lucky bastard.... why can't i have rich family members.... lol

but if you like wide necks, i've always like the way ibanez's necks feel
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Pick a fender Jazzmaster. I'm in so much love with the sound from it.
And get a nice custom paintjob or something on it
Last edited by dogmax at Oct 27, 2008,
Get a mid ranged new Strat or Paul (mexican or EPI) or get good used ones. Then get a kick ass amp. Much smarter then blowing it all on a $2500 guitar.
gibson les paul custom shop 1959 VOS
5000 bucks but it sounds like sex
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
wowowwwww!! tell him i can play that song too!!

lol i will
Page 1 of 3