OK, so I recently purchased a cheap Telecaster, and I'm planning to have some fun with it. So, I wanted to know is first off, how much would it cost to have a professional guitar guy replace the tuners, bridge, neck pickup, pickup selector plate, and neck plate. I would be buying all the parts somewhere else. And also, how hard/risky would it be to do these myself? Stuff like the selector plate seems like it would be easy, but I've never done much aside from changing strings and tightening some screws. Thoughts or suggestions?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
None of those are too hard to do. You could easily do it yourself and save some money. You may want to practice soldering a little bit before changing the switch, but it isn't hard.
Well, I would take advantage of you and charge about $100.

Or, you could do it yourself, and it is rally easy.

Nothing more than soldering and using a screwdriver.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
OK, so to make sure I'm clear, with the pickup selector I'm not actually changing the selector, just the plate. I'm going to buy something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Parts-Telecaster-Control-Plate-BLACK-Import_W0QQitemZ310093793049QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310093793049&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

OK, so with the tuners/neck plate/bridge, what are the chances of messing up the action of my guitar if I did it myself? I would like to save money, but I love how the neck plays right now and I don't want to mess it up. Would removing the neck plate mean the neck would be loose/come off?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
changing the tuning heads will be the most expensive part probably, depending on if you are getting locking machine heads that need more drilling
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I wasn't planning on it. I've never actually used locking machine heads, are they worth it?
I dont have them on my guitar, even with a bigsby, but I know people why swear by them...and if your get new machine heads, you might as well get locking, it just makes your guitar that much better, and eliminates the annoyance of tuning frequently.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Hmmm. We'll see how much money/ambition I have when I get to that part.
Quote by souperman08
Would removing the neck plate mean the neck would be loose/come off?

Well they put the screws in there for a reason And that reason is to keep the neck on (just clearing that up)
To be honest theres no point in changing the neck plate and the control plate. Its going to look the same and not going to effect anything.
The bridge, if its a standard tele bridge is just the matter of unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one in. Before you screw the new one in, first measure the distance between the nut and the 12th fret. Double that distance, and thats where the saddles on the bridge should go.
The tuners, all you have to do is once again unscrew the old ones, screw in the new ones. You may though, either need to make the hole bigger or smaller, although thats unlikely and if you measure the diameter of your already drilled tuner hole and look for tuners with the same diameter there will be no adjustments needed.
For the neck pickup, if you follow this diagram, all you have to do is unsolder 2 wires from the old pickup, and solder 2 wires from the new pickup, heres a diagram...
Clicky for Diagram
As has been said above, I wouldn't bother replacing the control plate, or the neck plate.

If you are replacing the bridge, you want to make sure that it's a standard size bridge that is fitted - I have come across different sized ones - it might not matter if it's a top loader, as the bridges could be adjustable enough to still intonate properly, but if it's a string through, you might find the holes are in different places, which is what I had in the one I came across by about 5mm

If you are just replacing the pickups, not the rest of the wires, you just need to do them one at a time, removing the hot wire from the relevant position on the switch, and then soldering in the new hot wire, and then cutting or desoldering the old ground and adding the new one in. If you are going to go to that sort of trouble, I'd look at replacing the electrics too, with decent parts - CTS pots and a nice Oak 3 way.

Wiring here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=standard_tele

There are lots of variations for Tele wiring though.

If you are changing the tuners, I'd recommend Sperzel locking tuners - you really shouldn't have any tuning stability issues if it's strung properly, but the Sperzels make string changes really simple, and they are staggered, so no need to string trees (I have them on my strat rather than my Tele). I wouldn't necessarily bother with them on a Tele though - stringing it properly should give you all the stability you need.

I certainly wouldn't pay someone else to do that work - if you know one end of a soldering iron from the other - and if you don't you'll learn quick! - it's not difficult.