hey im gettin a jackson wrmg at the end of the year and i wanna get a new pedal with it. is there any suggestions?

the amp i use at the moment is a Kustom 16watt Arrow.

im lookin for a bullet for my valentine sort of sound out of it.

Thx
boss metal zone and digitech metal master are good ones for what you seem to want......
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Looks like its a hybrid...

You sure the amp doesn't get those tones on its own? You REALLY should consider getting a new amp rather than a good guitar. Theres no point getting a $700 dollar guitar and putting it through a $150 dollar SS amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i havnt really tried because at the moment the guitar that i have is a hunk of shit. sounds like ass.
No, its your amp, not the guitar.

You need to get a new amp. Even a $2,000 PRS would sound like crap through that.

Use the money you've put aside for the guitar to get a new tube amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Tone comes the amp, everything else is secondary.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Dude, it's your amp.

A $150 dollar guitar can still sound great through a good amp. Use the money for a tube amp, not a guitar.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Nice, that's a pretty solid budget.

So I know you play Metal and Metalcore, what other genres do you play? Or is that all?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

BFMV use peavey 6505 heads and cabinets. they dont use any pedals to get they're tone, just the sick as gain channell on the head. also the 6505 will give u any tone u want for other sorts of metal, awesome tone and high gain.
u lose abit on the clean side but by the sounds of it u wont be playing much clean
u should be able to get a relatively good peavey combo or just a head for around 1000, maybe even a second hand 6505 if u are extremely lucky (i'm not sure on retail value for the heads).
besides all that, anything should be a step up from the amp u have now.
okay im a newb when it comes to things like amps and guitars and pedals and stuff. can u explain to me wat a "head" is and how it is used.
the head is the power house. its sort of an uber amp with all the knobs and stuff like that on it. they still sound good by themselves but. its the interface of the amp. they usually sound better with a cabinet, which is pretty much a box with speakers in it. u usually get more power from a stack (which is both together).
if ur still new to it all though, id recommend a combo box. it's like ur amp now, with one solid box, al the knobs sitting at the top.
for the sound u want i'd recommend a peavey bandit 112 (solid state) or a valve king 112 (tube). both darn good amps and a shit load bigger than wat u have. a stepping stone if u will. tube will give u more gain. but i have a bandit and it rules aswell. go down to ur local shop and try them out, or other amps aswell.
Quote by Flying_V
the head is the power house. its sort of an uber amp with all the knobs and stuff like that on it. they still sound good by themselves but. its the interface of the amp. they usually sound better with a cabinet, which is pretty much a box with speakers in it. u usually get more power from a stack (which is both together).
if ur still new to it all though, id recommend a combo box. it's like ur amp now, with one solid box, al the knobs sitting at the top.
for the sound u want i'd recommend a peavey bandit 112 (solid state) or a valve king 112 (tube). both darn good amps and a shit load bigger than wat u have. a stepping stone if u will. tube will give u more gain. but i have a bandit and it rules aswell. go down to ur local shop and try them out, or other amps aswell.

The head is gonna sound good by itself? where is this magic sound gonna come from? there is no sound without a cabinet.

Quote by Flying_V
BFMV use peavey 6505 heads and cabinets. they dont use any pedals to get they're tone, just the sick as gain channell on the head. also the 6505 will give u any tone u want for other sorts of metal, awesome tone and high gain.
u lose abit on the clean side but by the sounds of it u wont be playing much clean
u should be able to get a relatively good peavey combo or just a head for around 1000, maybe even a second hand 6505 if u are extremely lucky (i'm not sure on retail value for the heads).
besides all that, anything should be a step up from the amp u have now.

Ummmmm...... no.

Matt uses a MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive, 2 NS-2 Noise Supressors, an ibanez ad9 delay (Not sure) and a Morley Wah.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by Necrophagist777
The head is gonna sound good by itself? where is this magic sound gonna come from? there is no sound without a cabinet.

Ummmmm...... no.

Matt uses a MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive, 2 NS-2 Noise Supressors, an ibanez ad9 delay (Not sure) and a Morley Wah.

ahh k. must read an old or wrong bio or something. sorry dude.
Quote by Flying_V
ahh k. must read an old or wrong bio or something. sorry dude.

YOU SHOULD BE SORRY

and TS doesnt need a half stack. its massive overkill. if he wants tube a valveking 112 or a crate v series wouldnt be bad, but to get the tone hes looking for he needs some pedals and maybe a speaker change. A peavey Vypyr, Valvetronix, or Cube 30 might serve him well as far as modeling amps go.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
also i tryed something that looks like a head (must not have been...) without a cab and sound came out of it... the guy at the shop had no freaking idea... he said that he wasn't sure on what it was, a head or a funny shaped combo or what, but it def made sound so i dont know what was going on, and i was going off that.
once again, sorry dude.
have u tried a vypyr? what are they like?
ive heard mixed reviews from assorted people...
Dude, you have a 1000 dollars right? Yeah, you shouldn't be looking at vypyrs, or valvekings, or crates. You should be looking at the rectoverb combos, xxx combos, 5150 combos. The other amps mentioned are good in that price range, but with your budget you can do a lot better.

Flying v: It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about, a head can't make sound without a cabinet, whatever you played is obviously a combo. "speak at length about what you know, don't speak about what you don't know"
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Dude, you have a 1000 dollars right? Yeah, you shouldn't be looking at vypyrs, or valvekings, or crates. You should be looking at the rectoverb combos, xxx combos, 5150 combos. The other amps mentioned are good in that price range, but with your budget you can do a lot better.

Flying v: It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about, a head can't make sound without a cabinet, whatever you played is obviously a combo. "speak at length about what you know, don't speak about what you don't know"

+1, I didn't notice the budget.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra