How do you guys feel about acoustic amps? I play acoustic and electric but generally I use the acoustic way more live.
So far I played my acoustic through a tube amp which was made for electric guitars and it sounded just fine. For shows I would either bring my amp or run my acoustic through the PA, both options were satisfying so far.
I moved and I don't have my tube amp anymore so I've been thinking about acoustic amps. It just feel like they're kind of a one way road. I've never played an electric guitar through a acoustic amp. It just feels like an electric amp is way more flexible.

Any experiences with acoustic amps?

Do you guys know any decent clean amps that work well with both acoustic and electric guitars?
I think a super or a twin reverb would work well, but we really need to know your budget. If you're playing only clean with the electric then an acoustic amp might not be a bad way to go.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok, I'd say my budget right now is maybe 300-500. So I can't really consider a twin right now. Also, I really use the acoustic most of the time and I do only play clean.
Then I think an acoustic amp is your best bet. I don't know any good ones, I'd check over in the acoustic forum and see what they think, good luck searching.
a used jc-120. ?

if you REALLY want an acoutic amp check out SWR

but i suggest you get a PA system over an acoustic amp.
and if you want an electric amp, you look used.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That would be a good choice, but you might miss the feedback controls that acoustic amps have.
depends on the pickup he's using.

i've got a chorus 60, it's great for my use. but when i play out i almost always plug right into the board anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
a used jc-120. ?

if you REALLY want an acoutic amp check out SWR

and if you want an electric amp, you look used.

I'm not sure how I feel about buying used instruments. I bought a new Fender Blues Junior amp at store the other day, it was broken, I got a new one, it was broken again. Since then I'm a little iffy about buying equipment, especially used.
Quote by jj1565
a used jc-120. ?

How come?
Quote by papamoll
I'm not sure how I feel about buying used instruments. I bought a new Fender Blues Junior amp at store the other day, it was broken, I got a new one, it was broken again. Since then I'm a little iffy about buying equipment, especially used.

That's bad luck, if an amp is used then it's probably past the point where it would just spontaneously fail.
Also, if when I encountered feedback problems in the past I would just tape a CD over my sound hole...
Quote by papamoll
How come?

well used is a great way to get an amp you otherwise never could afford.

craigs list, if it's available to you, is a great asset.

if you choose not to go that way, that's fine. i'm just tossing it out there.
sorry about your bad luck. but i can tell you that the guy that bought my old blues junior, got one hell of a good deal.

ahhh, i love to play acoustic. it was my main instrument for years.
i have had acoustic amps, electric amps, pa systems, and so on.

i use my roland chorus 60 during practice and it's only 12lbs so it travels really well.

but a decent pa and the right guitar pickup is going to be louder and more versatile.

trying to play electric thru an acoustic amp isnt going to work. by that, i mean sound too great.

at least, with a JC-120 or a pa system, you can run more than just acoustics.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 27, 2008,