I feel bad for posting so many times but i'm thinking. If i got a squier telecaster what would be the main differences between a fender telecaster and a squier? I'm thinking about either getting a squier telecaster or squier stratocaster and supping it up so it's as good if not better then a fender one...

Basically, what are the differences between squier and fender, if there are major ones, and how would I be able to sup a squier past a fender?
i would say pups and wiring... tuners, and maybe the trem
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Wood grade and craftsmanship too.

Though I doubt you'd replace the neck. Have a pro set it up.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
OH! Are Stratocaster necks bolted on or are they glued? Because I wanna switch mine out with a maple neck.
Quote by shampooboy37
i would say pups and wiring... tuners, and maybe the trem

so if you're replacing all that stuff...

also finish wouldnt be as nice as a top fender, or maybe even a standard?
Stratocasters have maple necks. If you want a maple fingerboard, they have those too.

Fender necks are bolted on.

Leo had this philosophy that when a part fails it can just be swapped out.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I think bolted-on for most of them, maybe all. The only ones I've ever played are bolt-ons.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Squier is made by Fender.

it's like ...you know how lots of car companies have a 'luxury line'? Like, Honda and Acura, for example?

it's sort of like that.

squiers are lower quality, and therefore lower cost, ect. Fenders are the 'luxury line'

some things you won't be able to make better on a squier is things like the body wood, and the general construction quality. you can change the neck, but you might as well just save up for a better guitar, IMO.

however, if you get a squier with a solid body wood (not made of plywood), it CAN be made into a pretty good guitar. Upgrade the tuners, nut, bridge and other hardware, electronics, maybe re-finish it if you're feeling adventerous.

it's all whether or not you want to put the effort into working on an ok guitar, or just get a very good one like a high end fender.
Quote by ChrisL120
OH! Are Stratocaster necks bolted on or are they glued? Because I wanna switch mine out with a maple neck.

no offense, maybe I misunderstood something but do you not see the bolts holding it to the body?

EDIT: I am an ass, forgive me
rather than fender being the luxury line, its more that squier is the cheaper line.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
... Ok, rather than Infiti being the luxury line, Nissan is the cheap line.

It really doesn't matter dude.

Quote by wyantsm
no offense, maybe I misunderstood something but do you not see the bolts holding it to the body?

EDIT: I am an ass, forgive me

Hahaha... no this guy seems pretty dense, it's okay.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
None taken, I just didn't really look too close. so that's my fault.

I'm thinking of just trying to add different pick ups, and I wanna get a maple fingerboard.

I'm more using this so I can keep my favorite guitar safe.
^ Guitars get damaged, deal with it. They aren't horrible disfigurements, they're battle scars, and they look badass.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Squier: Fender :: Epiphone : Gibson :: LTD : ESP

theyre for the most part "lower grade" versions of the main name guitars. They're part of the company but theyre built quickly and in larger numbers.

cheaper, usually assembly build (rather than hand), usually lower parts
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by ChrisL120
None taken, I just didn't really look too close. so that's my fault.

I'm thinking of just trying to add different pick ups, and I wanna get a maple fingerboard.

I'm more using this so I can keep my favorite guitar safe.

don't just use a cheap guitar to keep your good one safe.

that's like ....(here comes another analogy)

...walking around with ripped pants and a shirt 4 sizes too small so your good jeans and nice shirt are safe in the closet?
Sorry I shoulda finished as to why I want it "safe" it's not to be kept from damage I can deal with damage, but it's it being stolen. My school is filled with kids who know a good guitar and it being a Gibson they'd get really handsy and I don't like that. I bring my guitar to school [the crap one] and if I sup it up but it still says squier everyone will be like "Oh that guitar sucks it's just a squier"

Catch my draft?

Btw that's kinda rude...I'm not really dense I'm just not too good when it comes to guitar builds.
I was kidding about the density.

Ok... so when one of those ****ers steals your shit, you beat them to death with the other guitar.

Now I see the logic.

Seriously, can't you put it somewhere safe you people wont take it?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
When I go to school I'm not allowed to have it at my desk I have to put it near the teacher. And even one class I have gym where i have to put it in the locker, which each has been broken into every single time. If this guitar was stolen no big deal, if my gibson was stolen, I would cry.
Why are you bringing it to school anyway? Your school doesn't give you guitars to use...? thats ghey.

Keep in the guitar room.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That's the thing our school puts our stuff towards sports. Our guitar club is in a photography class room and I've tried leaving it with the teacher but he says not to do it because he goes from class to class when he teaches.

One thing though our school may get sponsored by fender [There are three leaders, Me, My Friend, and my other friend, we were all invited to play a concert of sorts for our school] so if we do I can just borrow one and play it instead of having to bring one to school.
So what about your locker? People make shims and get in? Put a masterlock on that ****er.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Lol No some kids take the locker combinations from the teachers room [we have to give them our own locker combos in case they think we have drunks in them or something] and they go in and steal ipods and stuff. Some girl had her bra/panties +phone and ipod taken.
It was funny yet sad.
Quote by Øttər
Ok... so when one of those ****ers steals your shit, you beat them to death with the other guitar.

This^

Quote by Øttər
Keep in the guitar room.

This also^

Quote by Øttər
So what about your locker? People make shims and get in? Put a masterlock on that ****er

Again this^

Its getting to hard to quote you Øttər, change your name, PLEASE
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Oct 27, 2008,
^My MIM strat cost £250 brand new- '08 model. Thats only like £70 more than the basic squire- and cheaper than some other new squires I've seen.
While Fenders are better quality all round, a lot of it is attitude. Just play through a pedal/amp combo you like and most guitars will sound similar.