So I scored a Tropical Dean over the weekend from a local pawn shop that someone dropped a Floyd into. It has a Dtuna on it, but it never drops the E to D accurately. I have the Floyd set up properly, but I don't see how I can set up the Dtuna... I was assuming that you do it through the tiny Allen screw on the side of it, but it looks like a setscrew to take it off with. Any help?

And before anyone says something about the Floyd not set up right.... it is. I'm not Floyd-tarded
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
is it a floating Floyd?
cuz if it is, the Dtuna will throw off the rest of the strings tension
Quote by rock.meet Slash
is it a floating Floyd?
cuz if it is, the Dtuna will throw off the rest of the strings tension

Is there any other kind?
The D-tuna is made to drop the tuning without throwing off the tension.
All floyd roses are floating trems.... As for on topic, I suggest looking up the d-tuna's company site and look for either a help faq or a customer service number. Beyond that, I can't help you much. Good luck though, and nice find!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by HighPotency
Is there any other kind?

only if the Dtuna is on a guitar with a non-floating Floyd...
its pretty confusing advertising if you ask me lol
Quote by theacousticpunk
All floyd roses are floating trems.... As for on topic, I suggest looking up the d-tuna's company site and look for either a help faq or a customer service number. Beyond that, I can't help you much. Good luck though, and nice find!

you can lay the Floyd flat against the body, i believe its called blocking, but the Floyd has to be "blocked" in order for the Dtuna to work
Quote by rock.meet Slash
only if the Dtuna is on a guitar with a non-floating Floyd...
its pretty confusing advertising if you ask me lol

Ah i just read up on their website. So you have to block it or put in a tremsetter... which pretty much means the dtuna is there just for convenience? Hm.

For TS: www.dtuna.com
Lol yea it's a set up as a full-floating trem. It doesn't throw the other strings outta whack, it just doesn't want to drop the E to D in correct tuning. It doesn't even drop the tuning the same every time either lol, like it'll be a few cents off one time, and the next time it'll be 30 cents off
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by HighPotency
Is there any other kind?

yes, you can set up a floyd not to float if it's not recessed, and the d-tuna won't work properly unless the trem is set up not to float.

Quote by theacousticpunk
All floyd roses are floating trems....

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by theacousticpunk
All floyd roses are floating trems

Really? Then what the hell you call this?

Quote by HighPotency
Is there any other kind?

It will throw off the tuning, you either got a block the Floyd with a device like the tremel-no or have it flush mounted like mine in the picture. The old school way

Edit:
Ahh sh*t didn't see Dave beat me to it
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by HighPotency
Is there any other kind?

No, it's not. The D-Tuna is made to drop the tuning on a non-recessed, non-floating Floyd so it won't affect the other strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Now thats a cool Tele!
Got anymore pictures?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Oct 28, 2008,
The D'tuna was origionally designed for EVH, who was rather famous for flush-mounting his floyd.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Wait can you just put the tension on the floyd on full if you have it flush mounted? So it would almost be like a fender trem?

Also, as far as I know, the d tuna is just an extended fine tuner. Its not really meant to keep the other strings in tune, because it can't. It doesn't touch them, and of course lowering the e string with affect the others.

But what I'm saying that its only purpose is to extend the amount you can screw out of the floyd on the e string.