Hi so this is my first time actually using the posting a thread on this site.

Im looking for a new solid body electric guitar to replace/impove the one I have now. I still don't have alot of experiance or knowledge of guitars so I dont want to get sucked into some deal that seems good but turns out to not want to be. Anyways im on a pretty tight budget and wont even cosider anything over a grand, preferably somthing around $300-$700.

Anyways I DONT want a stupid Fender, I respect the company but I just dont like the guitars, no offense if you do that's just my opinion. I like the Flying V's but the nice ones are just way to expensive! I want somthing that is unique and stands out, preferably in a dark black. And also I perfer double humbuckers on it.

Ive been looking at the Ibanez S Prestige I think it was. But because of some website matinence I cant figure out what price range it is. Any experiance with this thing? If it makes a difference Im an intermediate and my playing style is rock/metal.

So any help on what guitar I should get? I just cant find anything that screams "IM THE ONE". Any help is appreciated
Last edited by Anthrax Bomba at Oct 26, 2008,
Ew, Ibanez.

Are you set on a certain body-type or shape, and what type of music do you play?

I think an Epiphone LP Custom is a good choice for an intermediate guitar, or an Agile AL-3100, but I'm an LP fanboy. Of course, if you play blues or jazz a single-coil would be better suited for you.
Quote by Mr.Camo
Ew, Ibanez.

Are you set on a certain body-type or shape, and what type of music do you play?

I think an Epiphone LP Custom is a good choice for an intermediate guitar, or an Agile AL-3100, but I'm an LP fanboy. Of course, if you play blues or jazz a single-coil would be better suited for you.

Yeah I know I dont perticuarly care for Ibanez but it was about the best I could find so far.

Im not totally set on a shape exept for the fact that I want somthing that will stand out in a good way. And I think I said what kinda music I play but just in case its rock/metal you know stuff like metallica or anything like that.
First of all, try to go to a guitar store and try some different gitars out.

Second of all,there is more to a guitar than just looks. Quality and playability are two big things as well, and Ibanez is a high-quality company whose guitars are known for their great playability. You'll only hear good things about Prestiges.

But there's more to it than that. First, pick-ups. There are single coil and humbucking pickups, both of wich have their own unique tone characteristics. Humbuckers give you more of a rock-style crunch and were originally designed to neutralize "hum" or unwanted noise. They will give you more of a crunchy, ballsy tone or a waily lead. Single-coil pick-ups are very humble, sweet-sounding but are obviously also used in rock a lot; i.e. don't think thatthey are just there for blues and jazz.

Also, the body composition and style are two big factors. Les Pauls are made of relatively dense mahogany and have set necks, great for long sustain and a solid tone. Bolt-on necks don't give you as much sustain, but if you ever crack it you can simply replace the neck instead of the whole guitar. Woods like basswood aren't as dense and don't give you as much of a solid tone.

Since you're playing rock and metal, a Prestige is probably a very good middle-ground guitar, simply because they are versatile, have good tone, and are built well with good quality. Also, they have thin, comfortable necks and thin, tight bodies, and I've never experienced any sharp fret edges or defects inthe neck/frets with them, so the playability is very good .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
First of all, try to go to a guitar store and try some different gitars out.

Second of all,there is more to a guitar than just looks. Quality and playability are two big things as well, and Ibanez is a high-quality company whose guitars are known for their great playability. You'll only hear good things about Prestiges.

But there's more to it than that. First, pick-ups. There are single coil and humbucking pickups, both of wich have their own unique tone characteristics. Humbuckers give you more of a rock-style crunch and were originally designed to neutralize "hum" or unwanted noise. They will give you more of a crunchy, ballsy tone or a waily lead. Single-coil pick-ups are very humble, sweet-sounding but are obviously also used in rock a lot; i.e. don't think thatthey are just there for blues and jazz.

Also, the body composition and style are two big factors. Les Pauls are made of relatively dense mahogany and have set necks, great for long sustain and a solid tone. Bolt-on necks don't give you as much sustain, but if you ever crack it you can simply replace the neck instead of the whole guitar. Woods like basswood aren't as dense and don't give you as much of a solid tone.

Since you're playing rock and metal, a Prestige is probably a very good middle-ground guitar, simply because they are versatile, have good tone, and are built well with good quality. Also, they have thin, comfortable necks and thin, tight bodies, and I've never experienced any sharp fret edges or defects inthe neck/frets with them, so the playability is very good .

yeah I am leaning towards the Prestige right now but I dont know if they were suited for me.

Yes I know its more than just the looks (somthing I forgot to mention in my first post), I havn't really taken wood type in mind. I would rather get a bolt on neck because I dont think Im ganna treat it to rough but I have had a few close calls (i learned my lesson though: dont buy cheap straps!!!) I would rather replace just the neck on my budget. And yeah as I mentiond the (double) humbuckers have seemed to suit me much better!
ESP Has some good stuff for the price, I just got a really nice ESP (check my sig) for 600, and It plays as well as my Gibson.

Check out ESP, they are good =)
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Dark Black? Black is not normally dark?

Anyway... Not really unique, but schecter blackjack (its black)

I think ESP LTD EC-1000's come in a transparent black flame finish which is a bit more of a standout/unique
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Dark Black? Black is not normally dark?

Anyway... Not really unique, but schecter blackjack (its black)

I think ESP LTD EC-1000's come in a transparent black flame finish which is a bit more of a standout/unique

you are so ****ing retarded it's not even funny...black is never dark...ever...****ing noob...

sorry...

and to the thread starter, maybe try some SE stuff from PRS.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by JASBlues
My son's bandmate bought a Hamer Standard Flametop recently, and loves it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hamer-Standard-Flametop-Electric-Guitar?sku=516261

Alder neck
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.