Well, I got hired at the clothing store J. Crew, and I have an interview at -Kenneth Cole New York tomorrow (if I get hired there, I'll just work 2 jobs). So, I was wondering what you guys think about working in retail, if any of you ever have before?
it is ****ing awful....

cause not only do you have to work with shitty annoying co workers....

but you also have to deal with shitty asshole customers....

dont even start working there
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
it is ****ing awful....

cause not only do you have to work with shitty annoying co workers....

but you also have to deal with shitty asshole customers....

dont even start working there
Well, normally I could understand that, but I just put my two weeks in at a movie theatre where I worked for 9 months, so I'm very confident when I say I've dealt with asshole annoying customers as well as co-workers, since there's a lot more people to work around at the movies.
I used to work in retail but I worked in the stock room so I didn't have to deal with customers for the most part. Most of my co-workers were pretty cool too. If most of your co-workers are in the same age range as you you'll probably get along pretty well with most of them. But if you have to deal with customers you'll definitely get some annoying ones from time to time.
I work at Starbucks and oh let me tell you...the customers are something!

Theres this girl I work with and this other guy who used to work there. One day a customer said they'd make a good couple. He continued to say weird things to them, when finally he handed the guy a note saying "Invite me to the threesome." ****ed up. We call him "Invitation" now. He doesnt wanna bang me thank god. I ****ed up while ringing up his chai tea latte once and he got mad.

Once this guy came in and was like...50 and was one of those "hey im 50 but i'm gonna try to relate to all you young people" and he was pissing me off like mad, so when I called his drink I added subtle "go **** yourself" at the end. he replied "I'm sorry what was that?", smiling. I said "HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

We also have this midget who comes in and orders TALL drinks. I always chuckle.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, normally I could understand that, but I just put my two weeks in at a movie theatre where I worked for 9 months, so I'm very confident when I say I've dealt with asshole annoying customers as well as co-workers, since there's a lot more people to work around at the movies.

hahahah I dunno... I'm the manager of a grocery store while I'm going to school.....

tons of assholes... and relifers on welfare
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by The Madcap

maybe you are the asshole, no offense. retail is prostitution of the soul for me.
You gotta be an asshole to a degree to deal with asshole customers. I kicked a guy out of the store once for saying to my coworker whos in college, "Youve been working here for a couple years now. Are you gonna be a starbucks employee forever? Dont you have any aspiration for yourself?"
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Tw8xy
maybe you are the asshole, no offense. retail is prostitution of the soul for me.

maybe you are a self righteous douche....

someone has to do it....
Total Failure