Page 1 of 2
I put this in the wrong forum a moment ago so I apologize in advance if you had to read this twice. I cannot get any real info on these guitars. I emailed Blackmachine and I am sure they will get back to me. I want a B2, Spalted or Quilt top with barenuckles. Any idea on range of costs? Do I have to order direct? Has anyone played one? Thank you.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
am i a noob if i have no idea what a blackmachine is?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
You most likely wont even get one in this lifetime if you tried to order one.
Been to their web site. As I indicated, I emailed them. I have Googled, but it is painfully obvious they are only direct and very low production, or so it seems. I was hopeful that someone around may have heard something about them, especially from across the pond as I am in the States.

I was thinking of picking up an R9, maybe Brazilian if I could find one, but I think I might prefer something like a Blackmachine as I already have two Les Paul and need a heavier guitar.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Last edited by 996ttcab at Oct 27, 2008,
why'd you make two posts in two different places of the website?

but they look pretty cool and decent quality
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
why'd you make two posts in two different places of the website?

but they look pretty cool and decent quality

Read first 5 or 6 words in this post. I accidentally posted it the first time in the amp section. I really did not think it that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things to post it over here in the correct forum after my error.

Yeah, I agree with you. That look really cool and use very high end shit.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
I deleted the other thread . . .
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Those do look pretty sweet but I bet it'll cost you a pretty penny.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

I've also been in contact with blackmachine, who quoted me a price of £2400 for the B2, and £1600 for the B6. Or it may have been the other way round.

But yeah, they're easily worth every penny... if you can handle the 18 month waiting list!
Basically the blackmachine B-7 i played was probably the nicest guitar i have played, period. MittenSmuggler has got it right with the prices, not to mention you will have to wait a good year or so to even get on the waiting list, then best part of a year to actually get the guitar finished.

Good luck
I'm certain that you have to order them, and they don't keep them in stock in any stores...

It's a VERY private company. My dad's friend has one Blackmachine guitar... and it's GODLY. GODLY I tell you.
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Haggard13
am i a noob if i have no idea what a blackmachine is?

Yes. Yes you are. Seriously though; they're a very small brand so it's not surprising that you haven't heard of them, as far as I know they're basically custom only and VERY expensive.

Quote by jake911
You most likely wont even get one in this lifetime if you tried to order one.

Not really true, even for an exaggeration; last time I checked you';d be waiting until next year some time but that could be a little longer by now. From what I understand they're more than worth the wait.

I WILL play one some time
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Blackmachine are custom made, you gotta get in touch with the guy during times that he takes bookings in the year,

AT THIS MOMENT THERE IS A TWO YEAR WAIT !!

and they are amazing guitars made to pretty much any spec you want i think theres only afew things the guys there wont do
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
They look amazing, unfortunataly i had only just started when i tried one, so i can't help much. But from what i remember it was very very nice.
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
i would PM nolly, he has one and loves it. but yeah, they're truly top-of-the line instruments, i've unfortunately never played one, but everything i've heard and seen speaks to their quality.
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
i don't think 2 years (according to the UGers above me) is worth the wait unless it is a truly amazing and you believe you'll never play a guitar better than it. If it was one year then okay you can wait, but two years is a little ridiculous . you could get another luthier to make the same guitar, just a slightly different neck and maybe a different headstock so they don't get sued.
Last edited by ironman1478 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by ironman1478
i don't think 2 years (according to the UGers above me) is worth the wait unless it is a truly amazing and you believe you'll never play a guitar better than it. If it was one year then okay you can wait, but two years is a little ridiculous . you could get another luthier to make the same guitar, just a slightly different neck and maybe a different headstock so they don't get sued.

According to lets see...EVERYONE who has one they're worth the wait and the money and then some. Just ask Nolly; he's got one of the more expensive and long-awaited ones and he raves about it...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ironman1478

Two years is nothing special when talking about boutique guitars. If I wanted to order a Huber or Ruokangas, I'd have to wait just as long (probably even longer for the Huber).
And it definitely is worth the wait. Play a guitar of such quality and you will see.
Quote by TheQuailman
Two years is nothing special when talking about boutique guitars. If I wanted to order a Huber or Ruokangas, I'd have to wait just as long (probably even longer for the Huber).
And it definitely is worth the wait. Play a guitar of such quality and you will see.

looks like i have to go to london then to try one out :P
i guess your right, but personally i just can't wait two years for a guitar especially if i have enough money for only one guitar at the time (money doesn't seem like a problem for the TS though, nice collection dude)
and i have played high-end jacksons/charvels (also played one of the first 100 king Vs ever made, my teacher owns one), custom carvin's, etc. so i have tried some guitars of equal quality (unless this blackmachine is better than any of them)
Their ridiculously expensive, I emailed the guy, and the B7 model was $4300
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
They have a massive waiting list right now, and that's just for them to get started on a new guitar, not for it to get into your hands!
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by etniesmuzikskat
Their ridiculously expensive, I emailed the guy, and the B7 model was $4300

Have you ever looked at the prices for a custom Conklin? Now THOSE are some expensive guitars...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
A mate of mine has just had his B2 made, he's going down to collect in a few weeks. He's pretty ecstatic.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by GHJ
A mate of mine has just had his B2 made, he's going down to collect in a few weeks. He's pretty ecstatic.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Please?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
the waiting list is now 18 months.
it would be worth the wait though
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by GHJ

Is your mate from the Shetlands? If so, I just played his guitar. It's very nice indeed, congrats to him.
I heard godly things about them, I'd get an F8, fanned frets are amazing!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Ah Nolly (Gordon Freeman), the man himself with the sexy as **** quilt BM. I follow your videos over on SS.org man.
they look fantastic... bet they sound amazing....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
If you're paying that much, they could at least actually make them look nice.

Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Ah Nolly (Gordon Freeman), the man himself with the sexy as **** quilt BM. I follow your videos over on SS.org man.

Haha, yes, that'd be me. I acquired a B6 yesterday too. Just plugged in... holy **** ****balls...
Quote by Nolly
Haha, yes, that'd be me. I acquired a B6 yesterday too. Just plugged in... holy **** ****balls...

Jammy git, i have the funds ready for a B7, but im going to need to wait until after university to actually set my mind to getting one done, knowing my luck i'll order it and just forget about it...then when that final bill comes ...bad times
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Jammy git, i have the funds ready for a B7, but im going to need to wait until after university to actually set my mind to getting one done, knowing my luck i'll order it and just forget about it...then when that final bill comes ...bad times

It's worth it. Absolutely.

This is the B6 btw. It's the fattest, punchiest, lairiest, most brutal guitar I've ever played, ever. And yet back off the gain, and it's so beautifully deep and clear. Love it.

That grain is nice and figured, looks amazing. You have Cold sweats in your QM one right? It does seem that Blackmachine and Bareknuckle were pretty much made for each other in mind
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
That grain is nice and figured, looks amazing. You have Cold sweats in your QM one right? It does seem that Blackmachine and Bareknuckle were pretty much made for each other in mind

Painkillers IIRC

Nolly:

VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Nolly
Is your mate from the Shetlands? If so, I just played his guitar. It's very nice indeed, congrats to him.

He is yeah, do you know him, or were just at blackmachine recently?
...Bleep Bloop...
Last edited by GHJ at Jan 9, 2009,
Both Blackmachines have Cold Sweats in. The B2 originally had Painkillers, which I swapped for a ceramic Warpig/Cold Sweat set, and then had the Warpig rewound to Cold Sweat specs.
I'm planning on doing a tone comparison vid to show the difference between the two beasts.

GHJ: No no, I don't know your friend, just been over at Doug's a few times in the last couple of months. I saw the neck in construction when the inlay was half finished, then when I went to collect the B6, the guitar was complete and ready for collection.
It's come out really well, the "mix and match" black/silver hardware looks great, and the woods are very beautiful examples throughout. I've not played it plugged in, but it had amazing natural sustain, and a very "direct" feel. I should imagine the Painkillers will suit it very well.
Page 1 of 2