Okay, i was wondering if i should get the standard Synyster Gates Schecter which i have the money for, or save up a bit more and get the custom. i heard for the $300 more you get a way better value. (DON'T TELL ME THAT THE GUITAR IS SHIT, because i've gone over that with a lot of people and i know that most people say just get the avenger or hellraiser, but i'm fixated on getting the Synyster)

Thanks,

Dean
I'd save up and get the custom, for these reasons:
-its got better pups, Invaders, the standard only has duncan designed Detonators.
-Its got better construction, a set neck, with the ultra access joint, while the standard is bolt on.
-Lastly, is the bridge, the custom has an OFR, while the standard and LFR
Custom hands down. You won't regret it!
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Quote by caskettheclown
save up, its worth it, or better yet get the custom white version.www.drumcityguitarland.com has them i think.

either way get the custom

What he said in bold, or thats just me.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
custom ftw...just because a few hundred $$$ is like nearly $1k increase in quality
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
like everyone else said the custom is the way to go. All around better
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Custom! It's definatly worth the upgrades.
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Blah, question.

Does anyone know what strings come equipped with the Synyster Custom?

i think ernie ball skinny top heavy bottoms, but im not 100% sure
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by guitargod108
Custom hands down. You won't regret it!

well he will regret it when he realises he bought a posers guitar. But still, Custom > Standard.
most schecters i find come with D'Addario 10-46's, so that is what the syn custom would have.

get the custom, you won't ever look back. It's worth it for the features. Or play both and see which one you like =)
Quote by thellamaking
well he will regret it when he realises he bought a posers guitar. But still, Custom > Standard.

And what is Synyster posing as? If he's posing as a kick ass guitarist in an amazing band, than he's doing a pretty good job I'd say.

Just cuase you don't like him, that doesn't make him a 'poser'
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i didn't mention i didn't like him, i happen to think they'll alright, i'm not massive on them but they're passable. I just don't like Sig guitars in general, he'd save money if he got a normal Avenger and put Invaders in (Invaders aren't good pickups anyway.)
Quote by caskettheclown
save up, its worth it, or better yet get the custom white version.
www.drumcityguitarland.com has them i think.

either way get the custom

yup, here it is.

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2008-DIAMOND-SERIES-Synyster-Custom-Limited-White-w-Gold-Stripes-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2037C291.aspx

and it looks more badass than the regular black one!!!! TS, GET IT!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Synyster uses Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms, so my guess is you would get those on the custom. Probably not on the cheaper one, though.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Get the custom... and if you can save a little more you could have the white one if you wanted. As yenner said the strings are Schecters typical - D'Addario 10-46. However I always change the strings when I buy a guitar to my favorites so I don't think it matters.

EDIT: As for the pickups the ones on the Syn Custom are custom wound so they sound different compared to stock Invaders. (i.e. not muddy)
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Thanks guys... my custom arrived yesterday, and it plays like a f**king dream, it sounds amazing. Just needs a string change and it'll be good to go, but I'll get that done closer to Christmas. (I got to try it out yesterday, but I can't have it until Christmas, so yeah) So yeah, I'll get either the D'Addario or Skinny Top Heavy Bottom ones.
In my opinion, the guitar sounds like ****, but it's your choice. I say save up.
Quote by thellamaking
i didn't mention i didn't like him, i happen to think they'll alright, i'm not massive on them but they're passable. I just don't like Sig guitars in general, he'd save money if he got a normal Avenger and put Invaders in (Invaders aren't good pickups anyway.)

HAHA. is that the stig?!?

the pups in that feels frizzy as hell to me. i like synyster gate and zaky veagence in general and their songs especially afterlife. but like thellamaking said what is the point of buying a sig guitar, when they made them they were marketing them for collectors and fanboys.
I don't really think it matters if it's a sig or not. It has a good feel, it's good to play, it sounds pretty epic (it can get muddy at times but if you get all your settings just right it's fine), it looks good, it's versatile... so what if it has his name on it? It's still a great axe.
Just like the rest of this thread said, save for the custom. It easily leaves the standard in the dust. And the one with white and gold looks amazing, so if you do intend to buy one, get that one.

Never knew the pups were custom wound, but it makes sense since they were splittable. I'm not huge on custom guitars because it's sorta like having part of someone else's act as part of your own, but if it plays well, then, I'm all for it. Back to the split-coil on it, they sound absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCd-5hylNPU

Clip of someone playing a Syn Custom with the coil split engaged. It's really twangy, just like strat single coils.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by yenners
most schecters i find come with D'Addario 10-46's, so that is what the syn custom would have.

get the custom, you won't ever look back. It's worth it for the features. Or play both and see which one you like =)

Most schecters Come with XL's
Quote by Sondean
Okay, i was wondering if i should get the standard Synyster Gates Schecter which i have the money for, or save up a bit more and get the custom. i heard for the $300 more you get a way better value. (DON'T TELL ME THAT THE GUITAR IS ****, because i've gone over that with a lot of people and i know that most people say just get the avenger or hellraiser, but i'm fixated on getting the Synyster)

Thanks,

Dean

I know you told us not to but that guitar is S-H-I-T ****.

BUT if you're gonna choose between something ****ty and something ****tier. Get the ****ty one I guess. In other words get the Custom if you're gonna get that overrpriced piece of mud.

Quote by kckyle

THIS

Is leaps and bounds better. Get this. Has the same great shape, better finish and is pretty much all around better by leaps and bounds. Plus it's original and not many people have it because it's a prototype. So at least it's original and doesn't have anybody's name plastered on it.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Does anyone know european shops that supply the white custom one? The tax rates for the European union are crazy, I'd be able to afford it if i were in the US. i really, really, really, really want this guitar.
████████
████████
████████