Alright, so I have a need for a new amp. I have a crappy Peavey Audition Plus... quite frankly it's the worst amp I've ever heard of. I run a Line 6 Uber Metal Distortion Pedal through it, which I had heard everywhere was the best distortion pedal you could get, but it sounds digital through this amp.

So here's my question, I want an affordable metal amp with killer hi-gain and some alright to good cleans.
Somewhere around $800-$1200...

I play metal... mostly thrash metal, progressive, power... and a tiny bit of metalcore.

My guitar is a ESP F-207. A 7 stringed guitar with a basswood body and 2 Emg 81-7 active pick-ups.

I have no effects, just a distortion pedal which I would like to get rid of with a good hi-gain amp.

Any suggestions on a good priced amp that'll do the job?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-212-Combo-2x12-Guitar-Amp-481433-i1145625.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-Valve-212-40W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104616735-i1323854.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-ST-6012-60W-Tube-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Vintage-30-s-481308-i1145582.gc

More or less guesses, as I don't know your music style, but judging by the 7-string, these seem like pretty close ones. Personally, with that kinda cash, I'd hang in there and get a Mesa Single recto and an avatar cab. Think you're like five hundred short or something, not sure. But that's just me.
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
800-1200 is affordable? I would call that attainable... I would think that a line 6 uber metal would sound digital through ANY amp, but I suppose I could be wrong.
Thanks Keavadar,

The 6505 apparently has great distortion but horrible cleans, which I would like to have cause I plan on doing a lot of them.
I've heard almost nothing good about the Line 6 Spiders so I don't know about that.
The third one, I've never heard of, but I'll take a look into it. Thanks.

I'm looking for a tone that is heavy enough for Thrash/melo-death kinda music but can have a really smooth lead tone and good cleans.
YCS 100? 3 fully discrete channels (no shared EQ crap)- Clean, Crunch, and Face Melter. Have not played one but hear good things about it, and I own another Traynor and have nothing but good things to say for it. Musician's friend wants $1000, but there's a guy who runs a store in New York who sells through his website and through ebay who has them for $820. I bought my YCS50 from him- bargain with him, he'll knock a little off and ship free.

Otherwise, certain Mesa's may fit the bill, but those really are expensive...
Well, if you'd consider keeping the pedal/getting a different one, I've been hearing that those ultra-cheap Crate V-series have good cleans and, therefore, take pedals well.
You're*
You could look into Bugera which make Peavey clones but are apparently a bit better and cheaper... but I'm unsure of them.

Also check out the Genz Benz El Diablo 60W.
check your local craigslist, you might be able to get a Mesa Duel Rectifier for around $1000, then you'll have to skimper away and find a suitable cab somewhere..
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II Vintage Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EX-400 Black w/ EMG 60/81
ESP LTD EC-2005 Black w EMG 85/81

Amps:
Crate GLX1200 w/ 4x12 Slant CAB (only useful as a chromatic tuner)
Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP100
Quote by BloodReverence
Thanks Keavadar,

The 6505 apparently has great distortion but horrible cleans, which I would like to have cause I plan on doing a lot of them.
I've heard almost nothing good about the Line 6 Spiders so I don't know about that.
The third one, I've never heard of, but I'll take a look into it. Thanks.

I'm looking for a tone that is heavy enough for Thrash/melo-death kinda music but can have a really smooth lead tone and good cleans.

The 6505 hasn't got horrible cleans imo, theyre not great, but they are useable.
They're not as bad as people say.

Don't get a line6, they are just not worth it. A nice valve amp will surpass it.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
An Ibanez Toneblaster Halfstack would run you around $500 and they sound great
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
A metal amp is a normal amplifier that is made of a conductive material called "metal" such as bron or brass or gold, and an affordable one is one that's actually not so pricey.
Quote by Hateandhatred
A metal amp is a normal amplifier that is made of a conductive material called "metal" such as bron or brass or gold, and an affordable one is one that's actually not so pricey.

I was referring to Metal being the style. You don't have to take things so literally.
the Carvin V3 tube head.....under 1000 i believe
Ibanez RGA 121 PAF Pro/Evolution 2
Blackheart Little Giant
EH Nano Metal Muff
I'd take a look at a used Fireball as well, they go for $800 average. If you can save a bit more cash then I'd suggest checking out some Avatar cabs to go with it.

JMO.