How many of you buy guitar stuff on ebay? If you don't, why not? I'm asking this because I could use some money right now, and I just found what I wanted to buy on ebay but so much cheaper.
When it comes to ebay, the only way I would buy an amp is if it is half price, cause chances are you will get it broken. Shipping companies aren't very reliable especially UPS. So you will probably have to pay for a repair. Everyone I know went through that with ebay. If you can find something that is being shipped in your state go for it, or if you can pick it up. If not go for craigslist. Same goes for guitars unless they are being shipped in their Hardshell case with extra padding.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
guitars and amps on ebay is the same as everything else. first check their rating is good with plenty of sales. ask for information and picturess that aren't listed and then use your judgement. if it seems too good to be true it probably is. if its worth a load of money then take the insurance option.

job done!
Thank you please.
I rather do a craigslist or a Musicans friend kind of thing. Ebay has a lotsf fake chinese copy'D guitars...And people get ripped of and then get mad..
I bought my 8100 off of ebay for $300. It came in a box twice its size with only one piece of bubble wrap. Lucily,It was able to get fixed.
I buy all my gear used or on ebay with a few exceptions. No problems yet. Usually the seller is willing to help you out and you should always check their feedback and such.

Paypal also has buyer protection if there is a problem.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ebay is decent as long as you see the seller has decent feedback and ask him how it will be packaged.

few exceptions though, i wouldnt buy a gibson les paul on ebay knowing it could be a dud. some guitars/amps you gotta play before you buy.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
I got a steal on my acoustic guitar on ebay. I bought an Ibanez acoustic that I am really happy with for 70 bucks on ebay. The only problem with it is that the nut is worn down. You can get a great deal on a guitar with little amounts of body damage, or find the people who are giving up guitar/ selling it for financial reasons.
Yeah, I bought a 1990 American BC Rich ST-III for $300 on eBay, and it was in damn near perfect condition. It was just missing two clamps and allen screws for the stringlock, and the electronics were all worn out. Only other complaints were the lack of a truss rod cover and a minuscule chip in the paint. Overall, it worked well, especially since this guitar is worth upwards of $1200 on the open market.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by chrisa123
When it comes to ebay, the only way I would buy an amp is if it is half price, cause chances are you will get it broken. Shipping companies aren't very reliable especially UPS. So you will probably have to pay for a repair. Everyone I know went through that with ebay. If you can find something that is being shipped in your state go for it, or if you can pick it up. If not go for craigslist. Same goes for guitars unless they are being shipped in their Hardshell case with extra padding.

Well Im actually from Europe, so since most of the users on ebay are american, it'll probably happen to me...

And sorry, but what exactly is a craigslist?
I tried getting a used CS Fender on the bay, but in the end the guitars went for too much and I just bought a new one. I don't mind buying on ebay as long as the seller's feedback is good. I'm actually looking to buy a new amp in half a year or so and I'll devote some time to searching on ebay.

I've only had good experiences with the bay so far.
Welp my first guitar to buy off ebay has turned into a disaster. The buyer had 100% positive rank and had sold guitars before. Anyway I won a RGA121 from him. Welp he didnt pack it worth a shit and the neck cracked all the way through. Now I'm either gonna be stuck or he might be honorable and refund. Dont know cause I havent heard from him in a couple of days. I will not buy another one off of ebay.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
Although I have purchased stuff off eBay in the past, I would rather stick to my local classified ads. EBay is fine when you really need something that can't be had elsewhere. Other than that, I try to avoid big purchases. I would buy pedals & accessories though... anytime
Last edited by Mackin at Oct 27, 2008,
craiglist/ kijiji = local classifieds exept on internet instead of the paper
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
I got my guitar of ebay, but I would only buy from a proper seller for a guitar worth over $800 otherwise it's just not worth the risk.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
i spend around 5 thousand dollars on ebay and so far all i got that i would consider a problem was a broken footswitch. the seller was fair and paid me a reimbursement fee
I've bought alot of stuff on ebay. Just watch the sellers feedback. Know what you are buying. Research it and know all features before going to ebay. What the location of the seller so you don't have to pay extra customs charges. Last but not least it's best to pay with paypal.
i got my bass amp on ebay and its in great shape, no major flaws or anything.
it really depends on the seller
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I have bought both amps and guitars on ebay, including very high end stuff. My rules are simple and I have never been burned.

1) Only bid with someone who has been a member for at minimum a year.
2) Make sure they have at least like 20+ feedback, and it better be all perfect or near perfect

That's usually enuf. If I'm not satisfied - I call and/or email the seller and that gives me a gut reaction check.

With that simple rule set, I have yet to be scammed. Ebay is awesome for gear.
Craigslist is better than ebay, it's local so you cant get ripped off. Reasonable prices
Quote by jag16
Craigslist is better than ebay, it's local so you cant get ripped off. Reasonable prices

there is no middleman. they both have pros and cons. you'll never know the dude you're buying from would be a pedophile. and if you bought a amp and it stop working two or three days later he can claim you broke it. there is alot less safety measure when dealing with just other people.
I have bought 2 Hagstroms & my Marshall head off eBay,no problems. I have also sold my Laney AOR on there and that went off without any issues. Ask the seller questions is a key thing. I have been a Power Seller for Sports Memorabilia/Autographs until about a year ago. I have 1150+ positives,been using it for years. My biggest problem with them is all the seller fees involved with them & pay-pal since they own that to
Gibson SG Std / Agile 3100 LP / MIJ Ash Strat
Ibanez TSA15>1x12(G12-65)
Orange OR15H>V212(Vet. 30/ET-65)
I've bought a few pieces of gear off of Ebay so I might be able to offer some advice on the process. As some people have already said, always check the seller feedback and read the auction carefully. The seller is required to tell you exactly what he is selling you, and if you have any questions then you should definitely send e-mails with your inquiries. The good sellers (again, good feedback) will respond very promptly, and I would stay away from sellers that don't respond to your e-mails because that usually means you're going to get a bad deal.

I don't think its necessary to be nervous or anything when buying off of Ebay, but it is imperative that you do your research before you bid and be completely aware of what you're bidding on. I've bought my 2003 Epi LP, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Ultra Plus, and a Morley Bad Horsie Wah off of Ebay, and only once have I ever had a problem with a piece of equipment. The Classic 30 came with an upgraded speaker, but the guy installed it incorrectly so it had a weird buzz. It cost me very little to repair and I think I got the amp for a pretty decent price.

Again, I can't stress the communication factor enough because that's a good way of knowing whether the seller is remotely trustworthy.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by jag16

honestly you have to consider area when making a statement like that
Gibson SG Std / Agile 3100 LP / MIJ Ash Strat
Ibanez TSA15>1x12(G12-65)
Orange OR15H>V212(Vet. 30/ET-65)