Page 1 of 2
I have serious trouble getting outta bed at like 7 am to go to work or uni.
Everytime i have to go to class, i just go back to sleep, but then i get out of bed and think 'yeah i probably could of gone to class'.

Now im thinking that i'm just being a lazy shit. But i guess a lot of people would have to fight it aswell.

Any help pit? What are your techniques?

EDIT: alarm clocks, yes, but i just put it on snooze and repeat.
I can't help...I woke up late today and have already missed two lectures. Maybe I'll get to the next one.
Yeah, an alarm clock with a snooze button does wonders. Also, shower straightaway wakes you up.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
monkey with a hammer
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

i had the same problem, except i was getting up at 5:30 am for school.

the first few weeks were hell, but i just kept getting up. i set an alarm and after a few weeks i started waking up early naturally. just once you wake up get up and take a shower or something. thats what i do.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
set ur alarm to jonas brothers
im pretty sure u'll wake up just to smash the alarm clock, but it'll work
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Use the intro of Meshuggah's Future Breed Machine as an alarm (sound effect sounds like an alarm and then a heavy-ass guitar riff comes in that will definitely scare the shit out of you and make you jump away from your bed and run to your bathroom to lock yourself up).
Dude i'm exactly the same. I found a good way to stop from sleeping in is have 2 alarms set a few minutes apart from eachother, and if you use your phone as an alarm change the alarm tone every so often
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
My ONLY lecture is at 1 on Mondays

Still managed to miss it once though. I have 8 hours a week anyway, although I'm meant to be doing A LOT more reading out of class.
Quote by fender_696
no idea - i had a lecture at 9

it is now 10.20 and i am still i bed

Do you have a computer hung above your bed?

I'm a big fan for sleeping, but then again I just spent 52 hours straight awake a few days ago. I just get up when I have to, and make sure I WAAYYYY overestimate the amount of time I'm gonna spend doing things - like at least 1/2 hour for breakfast, 1/2 hour for a 3 min shower etc. Tends to work.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by VikingMetalhead
Use the intro of Meshuggah's Future Breed Machine as an alarm (sound effect sounds like an alarm and then a heavy-ass guitar riff comes in that will definitely scare the shit out of you and make you jump away from your bed and run to your bathroom to lock yourself up).

this is already my alarm ring, i wake up moshing!
"We carry death out of the village!"
set ur alarm to play "du hast" by rammstein, then get a stoner friend to pass a joint in front of ur sleeping face to the beat
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by grunger
I have serious trouble getting outta bed at like 7 am to go to work or uni.
Everytime i have to go to class, i just go back to sleep, but then i get out of bed and think 'yeah i probably could of gone to class'.

Now im thinking that i'm just being a lazy shit. But i guess a lot of people would have to fight it aswell.

Any help pit? What are your techniques?

EDIT: alarm clocks, yes, but i just put it on snooze and repeat.

what I do is put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, it forces me to get up.
coffee or shower quickly
just do it?
i find once im up i can stay up
or do a mr bean and have your alarm as a hose which sprays you
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Buy an alarm clock without a snooze function and put it on top of your wardrobe. Works for me.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
i had an alarmclock tha made the sound of a formula one car 6 or 7 years ago,
I got really annoyed by it so i an remember times when i woul be awake check the time and get ready to pounce on the off button so i didnt have to hear it...
I now have no alarm but ilike it this way
Quote by miss_muso~
Do you have a computer hung above your bed?

I'm a big fan for sleeping, but then again I just spent 52 hours straight awake a few days ago. I just get up when I have to, and make sure I WAAYYYY overestimate the amount of time I'm gonna spend doing things - like at least 1/2 hour for breakfast, 1/2 hour for a 3 min shower etc. Tends to work.
er, laptop?
Quote by thedefrockednun
what I do is put my alarm clock on the other side of the room, it forces me to get up.

Pure Genious! Sigged.
Get a CD player alarm clock and make sure the music is something that starts off soft but gradually turns into music heavy enough to smash your mother's face in.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I'm the same way; no matter how long I sleep, I wake up feeling like shit. Even when I have something to do that day, I always end up saying "fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow." But:

Quote by brady12345
have an alarm clock, one that you have to get up and walk over to.

This.
You're*
I put it to wake up to music, that way you can be all "after this song, I'll get up..." make it loud music (enough that you can't go back to sleep) but not loud enough that you want to break your alarm. Works for me (have to wake up at 5:45) and I am the very opposite of a morning person.

Also, put your alarm at the end of your bed instead of right next to you, so you actually have to move to turn it off.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I wish I was still in bed.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by brady12345
have an alarm clock, one that you have to get up and walk over to.

This. Put it on the other side of the room and make sure that it's an annoying alarm, not just the radio.
Put your alarm clock far away from your bed, or have it close but has a string attached to it so when you pull it it turn on your light

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
I have the same problem. I'm thinking of keeping several alarm clocks set to ring a minute after the previous at deifferent spots in my rooms so that I've to go from one clock to another. Hopefully, I'll be awake by the time I get to the last one.
alarm and if its an important lecture i will get up.

only problems i have is if i am hungover, i have missed a few because of that, but luckily i can get the lecture notes online so i dont miss out.

coffee always help, a good pint of coffee when you wake up is always good
Modify your clock to run the mains electricity into your foot when it goes off, that'll get your arse outta bed
Go to bed earlier. Develop some self discipline. Accept the responsibilities you've set for yourself.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Go to bed earlier. Develop some self discipline. Accept the responsibilities you've set for yourself.

+1
Best idea so far tbh.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
hahaha... I ignored my alarm this morning and slept through half if my first class and I'm still in bed now :-p (posted via my ipod which was next to my bed)
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
i hate giving nerdish answers but you just have to fight laziness, its not suposed to be easy and it has consecuenses
i know because im a lazy shit too and its starting to pay off badly
Put your alarm clock on the otherside of your bedroom. That way when it goes off you actually have to get up and walk across the room. At that point you're already out of bed, so might as well prepare for the day.
Page 1 of 2