So, I have been playing bass for about a week (I have been borrowing my friends bass) and I think I am ready to buy my own equipment. So I have about 300 pounds (550 dollars?) to buy a Bass Guitar and a Bass Amp.

I tend to play with a pick, but I can play with my fingers, but I think playing with a pick when playing punk and grunge just sounds better.

I have been looking at Precision basses, preferabley Squiers, but I'm not too sure about amps.

I will be playing gigs, I have one in two weeks as a matter of fact, so it will have to be reliable

Influences: The Red Hot Chili Peppers, NIRVANA, 30 Seconds To Mars, Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Misfits, Smashing Pumpkins and My Chemical Romance.
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
have a look in the faq, they have some amps in there but i doubt they'll suit giggin

save up for a ashdwon MAG if you want to gig now and borrow your friends bass
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
have a look in the faq, they have some amps in there but i doubt they'll suit giggin

save up for a ashdwon MAG if you want to gig now and borrow your friends bass

see, i would but i just cant borrow it forever
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
yeh well you can buy a bass and amp and not be heard OR you can buy an amp, borrow for a bit longer and then buy a bass
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all