You guys have any books to recommend for setting up guitars? I have a Les Pauls and a Telecaster.

I'm ordering a few books on guitar electronics and I'd like to also get a book that deals with setting up a guitar.

Thanks in advance!
To be honest, there are plenty good enough tutorials on the web that are free. A simple google search for guitar set up will give you plenty of useful information...
That's a good point. The web is my most important source of information for tinkering with guitars. I'm not sure how I would have dared do all the mods and painting I've done without the web.

I still like tangible books though. I don't like to bring my laptop during my morning thinking time in the washroom. hehe

Quote by supergerbil
To be honest, there are plenty good enough tutorials on the web that are free. A simple google search for guitar set up will give you plenty of useful information...
guitar player's repair guide... buy it on amazon.com though... it's like 10 bucks cheaper than stewmac. it's a pretty good book.

what's wrong with using your "crap"top?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
More like his faptop

There is an ultimate set up guide in the EG section, various tuts on the web and dans 'guitar repair book' is pretty good, but a touch expensive if you just want it for one subject (its a huge book)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Guitar Player Repair Guide by Dan Erlewine
its amazing for anything guitar repair
^ someone doesn't read previous posts.

LoL @ faptop
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Gates67
Guitar Player Repair Guide by Dan Erlewine
its amazing for anything guitar repair

can't go wrong with this